2014 Joel Hercek

CueCaps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joel's 2014 commission from a gentleman in Florida..
I was given the honor to make the matching JP's for Joel's Viking Theme Billiard Cue.
A pleasure to work with Joel, as, he provided me with the Decorative Rings and the same Cocobolo Wood Bar stock,
and the gold/brass insert/diamond.

Since the commission was a very special and heartfelt for the owner,
I thought it would be nice to have a small "Cue Stand" , to display the Cue Cap
when his Cue is stored away in the protective case.
There is two Butt side Cue Caps. One is a Crown style that I modeled after Sauron's helmet (from Lord of the Rings).
The other Butt side cap is a standard Matching Butt Cap.
The top piece is interchangeable/replaceable to change the looks. :smile:

The shaft side caps come with a three piece "Blank" Ivory inserts, so, later, they can have scrimshaw work later..
Maybe Viking scenes, coat of arms, etc..

MT, Thank you for letting me make Cue Caps for your Joel Hercek Cue..
I'd hope to make your Joel Hercek Experience fun/interesting, and last a lifetime.. :smile:

Thanks Joel, your friendship and pleasurable collaboration ,generosity and professional attitude is well appreciated.
It is an honor and pleasure working with you.

Thanks for viewing Az'ers... :smile:

Alton

Attachments

• Hercek Viking m.jpg
    Hercek Viking m.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 659

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
Excuse me while I pick my jaw from the ground! That cue is outstanding and the caps are the perfect topping!

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
There's just so many details going on that I wish there were more pictures.
Everything is so beautiful and that set of JP is the absolute nuts :)

I reckon it's quite a threat for any cue maker to commission a set of JPs from you unless they're really really good at what they do cos your JPs can really steal the limelight ! In this case Joel obviously is a masters craftsman too :)

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Without a doubt, at least in my opinion, you are at the apex....the top rung....heads above your peers......in both skills and creativity.......you're the best.

Matt B.

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
Wow, very nice Caps and Cue:thumbup:
Now I know why the waiting period is longer from Joel with more complex designed Cues.
Ralf

scdiveteam

Rick Geschrey
Silver Member
Joel makes the most incredible cues that are so original at such a high standard.

This one is amazing!

Rick