best tables?

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Individual choice

I have played on a Diamond and a friends Gold Crown IV and I could easily live with either one. I think Diamonds are the future, especially for tournament play and "high end" pool rooms. The pockets on the Diamond tables are tough for me, easy to rattle a shot in the corners as they get tighter as you get past the mouth of the pocket. Locating a used Gold Crown IV or Diamond here in Alaska is near impossible so I bought a used 9' Rebco. The Olhausen table I looked at was nice looking but expensive. Not near as expensive as a new Gold Crown though, which I believe is over priced. So I guess my dream table is a drop pocket Diamond.

alaskanadams

Registered
I would not use the fact that Diamond (or anyone else) having tables used in tournaments, or any type of balls that are used ,suggest that they are the best. As in everything, whoever sponsors these events gets the advertising benefit. conversely, it does not mean they are not the best. I try to use my own judgement when choosing products. I have played on numerous tables, good and bad from most Manufacturers. When buying my current table I looked into Diamond, Brunswick & Olhausen. I chose Olhausen. They had everything I was looking for in a table. When looking for a table I would suggest you take time to consider all options and not just jump on the latest or highest profile company. I wish everyone the best in their choice...........

ron3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its all about the setup, A bad table with a good setup is better than a good table with a bad setup. Just my opinion

Barnicoles

Registered
who makes the best tables?
tired of playing crappy bar tables

In all the years I have been playing pool, I would have to say Diamond Tables play the best. The rails have the quickest reaction as the pockets make it very tough for the average player to play well on.

Anzan

In all the years I have been playing pool, I would have to say Diamond Tables play the best. The rails have the quickest reaction as the pockets make it very tough for the average player to play well on.

Being an average player at best(on a good day) I'm looking at a GC II. A couple grand to buy and seems to hold their value.