Sky in Mosconi Cup

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want to see Sky Woodward in the Mosconi Cup! The kid is phenomenal!

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Unless he has played in enough Mosconi Cup points events, it's likely he will not be on the team. The Mosconi Cup is for entertainment purposes only.

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless he has played in enough Mosconi Cup points events, it's likely he will not be on the team. The Mosconi Cup is for entertainment purposes only.

I'm pretty sure Sky is leading in Mosconi Points right now - since his 2nd place finish (and top American player finish) in the recent CSI Bar Box 10-Ball Event.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm pretty sure Sky is leading in Mosconi Points right now - since his 2nd place finish (and top American player finish) in the recent CSI Bar Box 10-Ball Event.

Skyler is in 5th place currently. After 5 of the 9 points events, here are the top 16 players:

1. Shane Van Boening -- 53 points
T2. Justin Bergman -- 30
T2. Scott Frost -- 30
4. Jeremy Sossei -- 29
5. Sky Woodward -- 25
6. Corey Deuel -- 24
7. Oscar Dominguez -- 19
8. Brian Deska -- 15
T9. Steve Knoll -- 14
T9. Danny Olson -- 14
T11. Mike Dechaine -- 13
T11. Joshua Roberts -- 13
T11 Alex Olinger -- 13
14. Brandon Shuff -- 12
15. Rodney Morris -- 10
16. Johnny Archer -- 9

The remaining 4 points events are: US Open 10-Ball, US Open 8-Ball, Turning Stone, and US Open 9-Ball.

boogeyman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Entertainment purposes only?
If that's the case, why not put Earl back on the team **sarcasm**

Mr. Wilson isn't building his team to be entertainers.
He's creating disciplined players and instilling good team work in order to win together.

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

For the millionth time the Mosconi is not played on a bar table therefore sky will not be in it

Mosconi cup is the best pool event in the world hands down

molinatx4206

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard him broadcasting an event saying he has his green card and being a dual citizen he would play for the US because Europe wouldn't choose him. It doesn't get any more American living with Earl. :)

Lol hopefully Europe won't choose DAz.then.with shaw, toasty, and daz USA might actually win this hahaha

RoadHustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Totally

I would love to see Sky on the team an can't wait for Jayson Shaw to get his citizenship he will instantly become my favourite American player.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard him broadcasting an event saying he has his green card and being a dual citizen he would play for the US because Europe wouldn't choose him. It doesn't get any more American living with Earl. :)

That would be a crying shame to take him over a born and bread American

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the millionth time the Mosconi is not played on a bar table therefore sky will not be in it

While I agree with your logic, it is not consistent with reality. There are several bar table events that carry Mosconi Cup points.

Thus it would be just as accurate to say : "Many of the point events for the Mosconi Cup are on bar tables, therefore Sky has a very strong chance to make the team."

I heard that the US Open 8 ball and 10 ball will be on bar tables this year?

That ought to help his chances.

That being said, I've seen him play on 9 footers, and he is not nearly as strong as on the bar table.

KMRUNOUT

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

He's creating disciplined players and instilling good team work in order to win together.

Mr. Wilson is being paid by the entertainment company. He's building a team to win a "Cup" for entertainment purposes. The players get paid even if they lose.

Zphix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sky is a better big table player... he only recently (within the last 2 years) started to compete in bar box events...

Timothy Rose

Silver Member
Maybe if Europe sends a third tier team, USA may stand a chance...its becoming just a hobby in north america and a sport in Europe and asia...just saying

Last edited:

SilverCue

Sir Raksalot
Silver Member

Now that would be very entertaining :)