who wants the next full splice jig?

Arounceville

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started building on a 14" delta later I bought a big laguna thinking I would switch my fixture over to it
That was a couple years ago still working on the delta
Something to keep in mind is that this fixture only makes half of a full splice and the other half in my opinion is much more difficult to get right

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Yes indeed, I have been studying this as I prepare to give it a try

Keeping the other side that thin and not breaking seems to be quite the task!

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I started building on a 14" delta later I bought a big laguna thinking I would switch my fixture over to it
That was a couple years ago still working on the delta
Something to keep in mind is that this fixture only makes half of a full splice and the other half in my opinion is much more difficult to get right

I agree with you when using veneers. If doing just normal bar cue type of full splice the bottom ends of the forearm back can have a little width to them and are fairly simple to make on a lathe or mill between centers. Getting the sharp bottoms on the forearm does take a lot more creativity in jigs and such. Your blanks look really good with the sharp points up and down. Very nice work!

Last edited:

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Vid

I think it was tom or someone who had a video on YouTube of one of chucks gigs in action... I think the video was taken down tho....( <~~~~ TOM....?

Rob.M

rack runner

Registered
only thing i can imagine is that router method might be more square as far as points go. regular non modified saw blades have slightly angled teeth. found this out when i was trying to do box joints on my regular saw. youd have to get the sawblade flat ground to do points i think. i guess thats the good thing about the router jig.