I have 2 Unique and Rare Predator--First Gen and PRe- 314 Stuff???

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Question,

I have a Pre-Cat 314--All Original, 12.88mm, Orignal Lepro Tip, Gorgeous, Straight Grain--Straight/Ultra-Tight(20-22 GPI) in the sections/Honey-Yellow Patina. 5/16x14
--I have had this as a back up Shaft for an Original F-23 Falcon-Nick Varner Series Cue, What a great combo and Cue for a Production Cue!! The Cue is ALL Ebony Points with lots of the Mop real stuff, cue is 95+% condition, it just need a nice polish on the clearcoat to make the Ebony really POP again.

What do u think this Cue/Shaft or Shaft and Cue COMBO is Worth, I think that this cue sold for some crazy amount like, $1400.00 on the Falcon and the 314 Shaft I cant even remember how much the First Gen 314 Shafts Cost--This was like on of the FIRST of the FIRST Production Shafts, I was in and out of Florida then and talked with the company and its people.

Let me know what you guy THINK---Opinions are like ---Well you know?!??!

mike k:eek:

Mcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good question for the For sale/ site .... :) I like to think we don't do pricing here. It opens a a can of worms we don't need : such as Mike said it was worth at least $400. Of course Mike is just trying to be helpful but hard to tell when it is an innocent question being asked or a fishing expedition. Sometimes knowledgeable people ask loaded questions.. Just my two cents worth.

Mario

Last edited:

acedonkeyace

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for both responses,

I am not looking to sell this cue or the shafts--

I was just trying to find out what these shafts have been valued at since in my opinion this setup was the best shaft I have seen in wood quality, the bonding between the segments and the fit and finish of all the parts.

I have a z2 shaft and 314-3 shaft and these are supposed to be SUPERIOR than there previous generations shafts.

All that I can comment on in terms of Superior for the newer shafts is---MORE $$$,
The wood, bonding and finish were all Inferior on the newer shafts.

Personally if I were trying to get the newest, lowest, deflection shaft, then I would take a Pre-Production or the First Gen Pre-cat 314 and put the shorter ferrule but use a Superior Ferrule Material like--Tomahawk and I think this would complete the best of all worlds for a Low Deflection shaft--Complete Setup.

What do you think?? Webb, I think you have the most experience with all the gens and components used and such?

Thanks for any input,

Mike k

PS. The value on the 12 piece shaft?? Would this be because of quality or just rarity and collector value for shafts??

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not looking to sell this cue or the shafts--

I was just trying to find out what these shafts have been valued at since in my opinion this setup was the best shaft I have seen in wood quality, the bonding between the segments and the fit and finish of all the parts.

I have a z2 shaft and 314-3 shaft and these are supposed to be SUPERIOR than there previous generations shafts.

All that I can comment on in terms of Superior for the newer shafts is---MORE $$$,
The wood, bonding and finish were all Inferior on the newer shafts.

Personally if I were trying to get the newest, lowest, deflection shaft, then I would take a Pre-Production or the First Gen Pre-cat 314 and put the shorter ferrule but use a Superior Ferrule Material like--Tomahawk and I think this would complete the best of all worlds for a Low Deflection shaft--Complete Setup.

What do you think?? Webb, I think you have the most experience with all the gens and components used and such?

Thanks for any input,

Mike k

PS. The value on the 12 piece shaft?? Would this be because of quality or just rarity and collector value for shafts??

Hi Mike
I quoted that price because that's what I've seen them sell for.
They have become rare yes but the original shafts played really good. Just my opinion.
Tomahawk ferrule????
I'm still experimenting. I have not come to any conclusions yet whether I will use it on my shafts yet.