light fixture bottom to table height?

kid

billiard mechanic
Silver Member
30" min from the slate. My advice to my customers is to measure from the ceiling to your eyes. That's what you need from the canopy to the bottom of the shade. Assemble on the floor so you don't have to work with the chain links above the table

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant AzBilliards Forums

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My light is 45.5" above the playing surface. It has (2) 8 foot fluorescent fixtures and diffusers.

39342398141_27a2b0e858_b.jpg

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
I use 78” as recommended by Diamond. With an 8 foot light over an 8 foot table it’s almost perfect with minimum shadow shift head to foot. 4 foot lights over a 7 foot table is OK.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use 78” as recommended by Diamond. With an 8 foot light over an 8 foot table it’s almost perfect with minimum shadow shift head to foot. 4 foot lights over a 7 foot table is OK.

You surely mean 78" from the floor and not the playing surface. To answer the OP question, you would recommend roughly 47" above the playing surface.

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
Huuh yeah, from the floor. Standard height of playing surface is 30½" to 31½" inches but that of course may vary especially with garage floors that are sloped toward the door.

My 2¢ ... The higher the light the more even the light across the table. Think of the studio lights used in TV tournaments. With diffuser style like rexus31's you can go higher than 30" because the light source is not in your eyes in your stance. Brunswick, Diamond and AMF only sell/sold diffused lights. An undiffused light may need to be lower so the light doesn't shine in your eyes in your stance.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I hang all Diamond lights 50" from the bottom of the light to the playing surface of the pool table.