Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Products Talk > Ask The Cuemaker
Reload this Page Help needed I want to refinish an old Dufferin one piece
Page 3 of 3 123

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#31)
rbpwrd240
Sponsored Player
rbpwrd240 has a reputation beyond reputerbpwrd240 has a reputation beyond reputerbpwrd240 has a reputation beyond reputerbpwrd240 has a reputation beyond reputerbpwrd240 has a reputation beyond reputerbpwrd240 has a reputation beyond reputerbpwrd240 has a reputation beyond reputerbpwrd240 has a reputation beyond reputerbpwrd240 has a reputation beyond reputerbpwrd240 has a reputation beyond reputerbpwrd240 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25

10-13-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnyncrvr View Post
Since it seems that you wont listen to anyone and feel everyone is attacking you when no one actually is this discussion is pointless.

You have been given opinions, advice, and guidance for everything you have asked, you however do not like, agree, or accept that and therefore you feel like we are attacking you which we are not.

In closing I will give you one last piece of advice and then I am done with this thread.

Go buy a really cheap $20 to $30 dollar house cue from amazon, ebay, your local billiards retailer and practice all aspects of what you want to do on your Dufferin. See how the operations come out and decide if you feel you can achieve your goal for the Dufferin based on the results of the cheap house cue.
I already have thousands in cues. I dont need a cheap cue to go play with this is about me working on a cue....

Action Alex

Its not the critic that counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena. Theodore Roosevelt

Old
  (#32)
JC
Needs Moderation
JC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond reputeJC has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

10-13-2017, 11:14 AM

Are all 30 of them warped? Why complicate your project adding that problem. Choose a different one.

JC

John Chaplin
Coos Cues
jchaplin@charter.net
It's not what you don't know that get's you in trouble.
It's what you know that just ain't so.

Old
  (#33)
woodyosborne
AzB Silver Member
woodyosborne has a reputation beyond reputewoodyosborne has a reputation beyond reputewoodyosborne has a reputation beyond reputewoodyosborne has a reputation beyond reputewoodyosborne has a reputation beyond reputewoodyosborne has a reputation beyond reputewoodyosborne has a reputation beyond reputewoodyosborne has a reputation beyond reputewoodyosborne has a reputation beyond reputewoodyosborne has a reputation beyond reputewoodyosborne has a reputation beyond repute

10-13-2017, 11:49 AM

"As I said what you want to do is not impossible but you have to remember that in the blink of an eye you can turn that prized cue of yours into nothing more than some kindling wood for the fireplace. "

a friend has one of his new Tascarella shafts in a repair lathe. In "the blink of an eye" said shaft came loose on one end and impacted here and there and shattered indiscriminately (criminally?) into useless shards of expensive crap. like myself, he didn't have the experience to do what he wanted to.

Old
  (#34)
captainjko
Kirk
captainjko has a reputation beyond reputecaptainjko has a reputation beyond reputecaptainjko has a reputation beyond reputecaptainjko has a reputation beyond reputecaptainjko has a reputation beyond reputecaptainjko has a reputation beyond reputecaptainjko has a reputation beyond reputecaptainjko has a reputation beyond reputecaptainjko has a reputation beyond reputecaptainjko has a reputation beyond reputecaptainjko has a reputation beyond repute

10-13-2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbpwrd240 View Post
I already have thousands in cues. I dont need a cheap cue to go play with this is about me working on a cue....
I think what Joey was saying was.... Go buy a cheap cue and do the same work to it that you are wanting to do to the Dufferin... Then you will have a feel for what lies ahead...

Player- T.K.O. Custom Sneaky
Breaker- T.K.O. Custom Sneaky
Jump- T.K.O. Custom Jump

Page 3 of 3 123

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: