Cue extension quick connect

weegee3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want to build a 12" cue extension with some kind of quick connect.
Is there one available which would allow me to still have a rubber bumper on the cue. Have not had a chance to examine such an extension so I'm in the dark.

Your suggestions would be appreciated

cj609

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blokid is an AZer. Message him . He makes any type of rear or mid extention. He give u a replacement bumper that accepts the extention. I have one. It's awesome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

JC

Coos Cues
I want to build a 12" cue extension with some kind of quick connect.
Is there one available which would allow me to still have a rubber bumper on the cue. Have not had a chance to examine such an extension so I'm in the dark.

Your suggestions would be appreciated

I looked around at what was for sale and for how much and decided to keep it simple.

Bury a 5/16 14 insert in the butt just under your bumper end and drill a 3/8 hole down the center of the bumper. A few different types of two dollar bumpers will work fine. Use your imagination. Hollow out the end of your extension so the exposed bumper just fits inside of it and the rim butts up concentrically to the cue. I reduced the ID of my bumper with an end mill in my lathe to allow a smaller indent hole in the extension Install a 5/16 round nose pin at the proper depth so it catches about 4 threads when screwing it on which is plenty to hold it tight and still install and remove quickly.

Simple, cheap and clean.

JC

Edit: If butt weight is a problem you can cut 60% of the brass insert off of the bottom. You're only using the first 4 threads after all.

Last edited: