Cue Design Software?

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does any software exist to sort of design a cue and see what the veneers will look like at the points and inlays and different wood textures to approximate what a cue will ultimately look like? Want to try to some combos of things do see how they would look visually

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I use Photoshop

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Ahh, I have like zero skill with something like that. And don't have the program either. If there is nothing simple I can use maybe I will need to find someone to mock up what I wanted to see. Appreciate the response

cnyncrvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ahh, I have like zero skill with something like that. And don't have the program either. If there is nothing simple I can use maybe I will need to find someone to mock up what I wanted to see. Appreciate the response

Paint.net is free. It functions much in the same way as Photoshop and can use most of the plugins that are available for Photoshop.

As far as learning the program, there are tons of video tutorials posted on youtube and various other parts of the internet.

Over the years I have used both to design numerous logo's, T-shirts, Coffee mugs and various other forms of graphics and when I started doing it I had absolutely zero knowledge of either graphic design or the use of photo/graphic manipulation software.

Here are a couple things I have designed based solely on watching some videos and reading some tutorials on the software/

Attachments

• IMG_0208.JPG
    IMG_0208.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 431
  • IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 427
  • IMG_0210.jpg
    IMG_0210.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 435
Last edited:

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Corel Draw and an older program Renderize Live.... Too bad Renderize only runs on Win 98..

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    148.4 KB · Views: 499

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Corel Draw and an older program Renderize Live.... Too bad Renderize only runs on Win 98..

Thats really nice, Would building a "point" just essentially be a series of overlapping triangles in different colors. What are dimensions of a point and the width of each veneer?

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Thats really nice, Would building a "point" just essentially be a series of overlapping triangles in different colors. What are dimensions of a point and the width of each veneer?

Yes...As for dimensions I just make the length close and the veneers are just done by what looks good. After a while you get an good feel for the look. Plus after you get the you like you can use the same "template" and change colors or textures..

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I tried to do it myself and failed miserably. I am completely clueless in regards to drawing or any of this stuff.

Here is what I wanted to see, maybe someone will be awesome and throw it together:

I wanted to see what points would looks like if they were reversed on each side:

Like with Titlist colors

.039 (.9mm) T-Magenta, T-Teal, T-Mahogany, and Natural

And then reversed on other side

And maybe something like the colors in the attached Sly reversed on each side

Attachments

• Sly Coloful 1.jpg
    Sly Coloful 1.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 412
  • Sly Coloful 2.jpg
    Sly Coloful 2.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 369