accufast cushions

dkindig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm rehabbing an older Olhausen table I recently purchased and am looking at replacing the cloth and cushions.

Since it was built in January of 1990, I'm sure it doesn't have Accufast cushions. I can't tell if they're grey or white in color because of age, but they definitely aren't the trademark Accufast black.

I just got off the phone with our local Olhausen dealer, and he quoted me $300 for the set for an 8' OS table! Am I tripping, or is this seriously high?

Your feedback and/or alternate reality-based sources would be appreciated.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I'm rehabbing an older Olhausen table I recently purchased and am looking at replacing the cloth and cushions.

Since it was built in January of 1990, I'm sure it doesn't have Accufast cushions. I can't tell if they're grey or white in color because of age, but they definitely aren't the trademark Accufast black.

I just got off the phone with our local Olhausen dealer, and he quoted me $300 for the set for an 8' OS table! Am I tripping, or is this seriously high?

Measure the thickness of your rails, if they're 1 1/2" thick, then you need accufast cushions. Post some pictures of the cushions on your table now so I can see what they look like. Is there a canvas strip inlayed on the top of the cushions?

Glen

dkindig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pics...

Rails are definitely 1 1/2 inches...

I wasn't so surprised at having to use Accufast cushions as I was at the price! :eek:

They do have the canvas control fabric.

Attachments

• IMAGE_135.jpg
    IMAGE_135.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 5,589
  • IMAGE_137.jpg
    IMAGE_137.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 5,519

scruffy1

Silver Member
O.k now i'm confused??LOL I am looking at a set of new old stock factory
olhausen rails. Exactly 1 1/2 rail with k66 cushion. What did they change when they went to accufast???

realkingcobra

Silver Member
olhausen rails. Exactly 1 1/2 rail with k66 cushion. What did they change when they went to accufast???

The Accufast cushions have more of a flat top on them, no canvas bonded to the cushions, but still have a K66 sub-rail profile, the main difference is that the hump on the k66 cushions kind of sticks up above the finish of the rails then the nose of the cushions only dips down by 1/16" of an inch to the 1 7/16" nose height. You could use K66 profile cushions to replace the Accufast cushions;)

Dartman

Silver Member
The Accufast cushions have more of a flat top on them, no canvas bonded to the cushions, but still have a K66 sub-rail profile, the main difference is that the hump on the k66 cushions kind of sticks up above the finish of the rails then the nose of the cushions only dips down by 1/16" of an inch to the 1 7/16" nose height. You could use K66 profile cushions to replace the Accufast cushions;)

...and Artemis Pool 66 will be less expensive then Accufast :D

realkingcobra

Silver Member
...and Artemis Pool 66 will be less expensive then Accufast :D

And will actually play better as they're not as soft as Accufast cushions are, and they won't reject balls out of the corner pockets because of being so soft. Just make sure you find someone that knows what they're doing when it comes time to get your table worked on;)

Glen

scruffy1

Silver Member
Won't argue with you on that one... I have never put anything but Accufast and cheap K66 rubber from Crystal leisure on Olhausen's. So how do you do it?

You can't...LOL In order to install K55 rubber on an Olhausen rail that is 1 1/2" thick, you'd have to bevel the rail face back so far to get the nose of the K55 rubber up to 1 7/16" of an inch, you wouldn't have hardly any wood left between the rubber and the feather strip. And the hump back on the top of the rubber would be higher than the rail is. As the balls are banked into the rails, the rubber would actually be lifting upward pinching the balls so to speak, so the banks would play like sh@*. Same with K66.

Glen

So have you changed your mind or is his table gonna play like Sh@t! ??
I am curious about this! I have never had to replace accufast. Thanks

John

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Won't argue with you on that one... I have never put anything but Accufast and cheap K66 rubber from Crystal leisure on Olhausen's. So how do you do it?

You can't...LOL In order to install K55 rubber on an Olhausen rail that is 1 1/2" thick, you'd have to bevel the rail face back so far to get the nose of the K55 rubber up to 1 7/16" of an inch, you wouldn't have hardly any wood left between the rubber and the feather strip. And the hump back on the top of the rubber would be higher than the rail is. As the balls are banked into the rails, the rubber would actually be lifting upward pinching the balls so to speak, so the banks would play like sh@*. Same with K66.

Glen

So have you changed your mind or is his table gonna play like Sh@t! ??
I am curious about this! I have never had to replace accufast. Thanks

John

The Accufast profile is actually a modified K66 profile, changed to be more flat at the top of the cushion, kind of picture K66 with a flat top of the cushion instead of the humped canvas top profile. So the K66 cushions are going to give you the 1 7/16" nose height needed, it's just that the canvas hump is going to be slightly higher than the finish of the rail surface then nose down to the correct point, which is only 1/16" lower than the actual thickness of the rails.

Glen

dkindig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not to take away from Rick on this, but I have found Accufast cushions on the net for $200, so they are relatively competitive in price with the Artemis.

This is a short-term table (perhaps 5 years) so the Artemis is the best solution for me because it fixes the "Olhausen death rattle" without having to install 3/16" neoprene facings.

If I were looking to keep the table forever, I might choose Accufast for longevity and correct the facings instead. The pockets are 4 1/2" and 5" now, and I'm not ready to tighten those up yet.

scruffy1, this all came about because I have a pre-Accufast table and thought that I was limited to Accufast cushions by the rail design.

Last edited:

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the accu-fast cushion was introduced in 1996, so no, you don't have accu-fast

Donny Wessels

Silver Member
Not to take away from Rick on this, but I have found Accufast cushions on the net for $200, so they are relatively competitive in price with the Artemis.

This is a short-term table (perhaps 5 years) so the Artemis is the best solution for me because it fixes the "Olhausen death rattle" without having to install 3/16" neoprene facings.

If I were looking to keep the table forever, I might choose Accufast for longevity and correct the facings instead. The pockets are 4 1/2" and 5" now, and I'm not ready to tighten those up yet.

scruffy1, this all came about because I have a pre-Accufast table and thought that I was limited to Accufast cushions by the rail design.

I personally don't like the accufast cushion, there the only cushion on the market without a groove running down the back. There's no canvas backing and there soft, alot like the championship cushions which are $60. I will say this about the accufast cushion, I've never seen a bad one, but not to say they don't get slower in time.

Q-Street

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Old Olhausen Rubber

I just picked up a used 7ft Olhausen. The old rubbers were grey w/ the cloth backing just like the posted photos. It had "Olhausen" stamped onto each of the rubbers, but then I also saw a "Goldtek" sticker, made in China.

Last edited:

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I thought all accu-fast were Black in color. I had mine replaced (only because I extended the sub rails) and I thought Ron "LCCS" paid like $80 for them (8')

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And will actually play better as they're not as soft as Accufast cushions are, and they won't reject balls out of the corner pockets because of being so soft. Just make sure you find someone that knows what they're doing when it comes time to get your table worked on;)

Glen

Shit, wish I would have done this...DOH!

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
Quality over price unless your on a budget then it's the best quality can i get for $xxx # of dollars and stick to it or wait till you can get what you really want.

What do the pool halls use in your area if your trying to improve your game? Maybe set it up like that t have an edge on everyone.

Craig