Mezz WX700 v WX900

Wieguns

Banger
Silver Member
I'm pretty sure I'm going to pull the trigger on a a Mezz cue this weekend. I have an option of the 700 or the 900 ~$35 difference.

I have never hit either, and was looking for some expert opinions on which one I should go for.

I currently am playing with a 314-2 on a predator sneaky pete.

KenRobbins

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like the WX700 shaft. It's the only shaft I tried and don't care to try any others. Just last week had a friend of mine put a Zan Hybrid Max on for me, the hit is great. I'll never play with anything else.

ahk10

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
taper and diameter of the 700 will feel more familiar if you have been playing with a 314. I personally have the 700 and love it.

Wieguns

Banger
Silver Member
Based on what I've read, it seems like the 700 will have more deflection than a 314-3 I currently use. Anyone know how dramatic that difference might be? I don't have a way to test one around here.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm pretty sure I'm going to pull the trigger on a a Mezz cue this weekend. I have an option of the 700 or the 900 ~$35 difference.

I have never hit either, and was looking for some expert opinions on which one I should go for.

I currently am playing with a 314-2 on a predator sneaky pete.
Biggest difference is the 900 is 12mm and the 700 is 12.5mm, so I'm assuming the 900 will deflect a little less. I just recently purchased a Mezz Sneaky Pete series cue with a 700 shaft, after playing exclusively with Predator shafts for the past 20 years. Too early for me to tell yet, as I've only played with it once, but I loved the solid feeling hit as compared to the hit of any of the Predator cues.

I will say the Mezz 700 shaft did seem to deflect just slightly more than the Predator V shaft I've been using the past 3-4 years, and the Predator V shaft deflects a little more than the Predator 314-3 shaft, so one can summize that the Mezz 700 shaft does indeed deflect more than the 314-3 shaft. I don't really think it's a big difference - unless you are really loading up with max English and stroking very firmly. I can also say, based on only one session, I don't think the Mezz 700 shaft can transfer quite as much spin to the CB as the Predator V shaft. The verdict is still out as to whether I plan to switch from my Pechauer butt / Predator V shaft to the Mezz SP butt and Mezz 700 shaft permanently.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently switched to Mezz. I choose the Ex Pro. Probably should have tried the 700 first. I do have to say..., it’s a solid hit and feels better to me than my previous OB’s. Very low deflection. Really happy with this purchase.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently switched to Mezz. I choose the Ex Pro. Probably should have tried the 700 first. I do have to say..., it’s a solid hit and feels better to me than my previous OB’s. Very low deflection. Really happy with this purchase.
Yeah, from everything I've read, I think I'll order an Ex-Pro shaft to go with my Mezz Sneaky Pete butt, and use the Mezz 700 shaft as a backup. Sounds like it may be the best LD shaft available on the market right now, although Revo users may disagree. I played a Revo for 6+ months, so I'd really like to compare the Mezz Ex-Pro shaft to the Revo shaft - hopefully a little better "sound and feel", which I could just never get used to with the Revo.

Last edited:

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, from everything I've read, I think I'll order an Ex-Pro shaft to go with my Mezz Sneaky Pete butt, and use the Mezz 700 shaft as a backup. Sounds like it may be the best LD shaft available on the market right now, although Revo users may disagree. I played a Revo for 6+ months, so I'd really like to compare the Mezz Ex-Pro shaft to the Revo shaft - hopefully a little better "sound and feel", which I could just never get used to with the Revo.

I have been using a BK Rush with the Revo. Not exactly something to shoot with. But I think you will like it. Give the Ex Pro a honest chance. You won’t be disappointed Pal.

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a Mezz EC7 cue in December and went with the WX700 shaft. My rational was simple - I have been playing with standard maple shafts (McD D-19 for the last 30+ years; original owner!) since I started playing 40 years ago. Never have had a LD shaft, and thought this would be an easier transition.

And it is! Love the cue; bought the 4” extender and play with it in all time. The amount of English I can hit with minimal deflection is pretty sweet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk