APA skill ranking?

ednineball

It really takes skill to cheat and lie about your handicap,,,,very true,,,its still the same, if you sandbag you are taking advantage of players that like to win,,,,and unfortunatley you push the people who dont sandbag to a higher level then they are capable of playing.

Merleti

Registered
For APA when you get to the last season before Cities expect to play. In 8 ball very few matches over 20 innings and those tend to be above 6 skill level, Safeties generally go unchecked. Bottom line if you can't make it then you would make it in Vegas.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For APA when you get to the last season before Cities expect to play. In 8 ball very few matches over 20 innings and those tend to be above 6 skill level, Safeties generally go unchecked. Bottom line if you can't make it then you would make it in Vegas.

Maybe its just me but I am not following what you said . :eek:

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do I know what my rating is if I've never played apa 9 ball? The reason I ask is b/c I played in a local tourney 3 wknds ago and director asked me my rating. I'm a new 8-ball player w/ a 3 skill level. He says he'll keep me in at that level. So, during matches I play my usual game. Take shots that I know I can make. If I am uncertain, I play safe. So, during one match against a 7 he tells me that I play better than their average 3's. I say okay, I don't have a problem with you raising me to be fair. He asks again what I'm rated. I tell him a 3 in 8 ball. Sure I can play defense or slop in the 9 but I am rated a 3. Local players are crying about losing to me. I have to tell him that one guy left scratched on the 7 twice and left me a combo for the win. I had to tell him about all my matches. Was really upsetting. So, he and his friends talk about it and he comes back and says he's making me an 8. An 8! I can't run more than 4 balls and I have to play as an 8. Whatever, I accept the challenge. After cooling down, I continue my match. Same play style. If I have the shot, I go for it. If not then I play safe. I lose my match 7-7 against a 7. I lose my next match too. Guy ran first two racks, scratches on the 8 next game. I get that one. Oh yeah, it's a 6-3 race. I dry break and he runs out. I lose 3-1. I stick around to watch the finals and people are asking me my rating. I tell them about being raised and they ask why I had to play the last guy a 6-3 race when he was a 7. So now I ask the director what's up with that. He says he raised me again. So effectively, he made me an 11 to give his buddy (the 7) a 6-3 race against me. WTF!!! I ask him, if I don't have a shot am I supposed to try to slop some crap in or play the safe? I remind him that this is a tourney and I'm not trying to give my money away and that it's not fair that he did me like that. How do I remedy this situation. Nice pool hall but really feelings towards tournaments there now.

Unless the apa changed something without me knowing, there are no 11's in apa. I smell fish.