Stretching cloth question

luvofpool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a question for installers that use the recommended stretch index and stretch pattern. I have been stretching felt like championship Mercury Ultra in the pattern as recommended on line. Do you recommend stretching this the same as simonis?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
From talking with RKC in the past about this topic: Every cloth has its stretch index, you have to determine what that is and then follow the same installation pattern. Simonis installation pattern is the best way to stretch any cloth.

Trent from Toledo

P.s. you have the DVD's I assume?

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
Make sure you index the cloth yourself and NOT rely on the numbers given. I have noticed differences in colors of Simonis and different brands of cloth also have different indexes! Good luck!

Trent from Toledo

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I have a question for installers that use the recommended stretch index and stretch pattern. I have been stretching felt like championship Mercury Ultra in the pattern as recommended on line. Do you recommend stretching this the same as simonis?

Just make sure you back off 3/4" from the maximum stretch so you have the working stretch measurement.