Maintenance*Contract

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
I have a home owners association looking for a maintenance contract for quarterly visits. They mentioned they wanted the tables vacuumed, bolts tightened and tables leveled under legs. Anything else would be addressed as an extra. Do any mechanics offer any maintenance programs? or are there any HOA people that hire mechanics have such programs? Looking for advice on pricing and what else should be included in the contract.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
I have a home owners association looking for a maintenance contract for quarterly visits. They mentioned they wanted the tables vacuumed, bolts tightened and tables leveled under legs. Anything else would be addressed as an extra. Do any mechanics offer any maintenance programs? or are there any HOA people that hire mechanics have such programs? Looking for advice on pricing and what else should be included in the contract.

I don't know how other technicians bill, but when I quote a job, I develop labor time estimates and a bill of materials. Some materials are specific to the job (cloth, cushions, pockets, etc), and others are general expendables (wax, shims, staples, glue). I then multiply the labor hours by my hourly rate, and add the material expense and mileage.

For a maintenance contract, I would consider labor estimates for every detail that will be covered, then also factor in material expenses (rags, vacuum bags, ball polish, wear on your ball polisher), as well as mileage.

As far as things to include in the contract, I would consider: brushing, vacuuming, ball polishing, replacement of spots, cleaning of pockets/ball return, wiping down the rails, tightening of hardware, frame leveling, inspection of house cues.

Just my thoughts, based on a previous agreement that I made in the past.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
To avoid problems have everything spelled out. I live in a community with 4 tables. The residents would expect the tables to be rebuilt. Deal with one person as everyone in the room gets involved. Other than vacuum and clean balls what else could a contract address. Keep cues tipped? Check out the tables before a contract is offered. Could be a real headache.... you might inherit tables that were hacked repeatedly...and now they're yours.

Last edited: