Hen's teeth?

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Got the case, now I got the keys..:thumbup:
(To the one who was going to send one, I appreciate for the offer but I found them)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 798

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are on Ebay. Same guy selling the locks.

Skins: Sorry I never sent one...the nature of my life I guess. Little things fall through the cracks. Best intentions and all that...

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
They are on Ebay. Same guy selling the locks.

Skins: Sorry I never sent one...the nature of my life I guess. Little things fall through the cracks. Best intentions and all that...

Hey, be careful with "little" :wink:

(You Doc's know all too much..LOL)

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Hen's teeth indeed, pretty rare these days. Most have been lost. Here are the two that came with my Fellini in 1976, still unused.

For the sharp-eyed, or those with good memories, one side of the key is slightly rounded at the edge, and the other side is completely flat. You're looking at the slightly rounded edge side.

All the best,
WW

Attachments

• Keys 2.jpg
    Keys 2.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 452

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hen's teeth indeed, pretty rare these days. Most have been lost. Here are the two that came with my Fellini in 1976, still unused.

For the sharp-eyed, or those with good memories, one side of the key is slightly rounded at the edge, and the other side is completely flat. You're looking at the slightly rounded edge side.

All the best,
WW

Yes indeed. That's because the keys are stamped from flat stock.

You can easily tell a fake one because it is "cut" or "ground" from a blank. I have seen a few. They pop up with cases for sale on Ebay.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Got the case, now I got the keys..:thumbup:
(To the one who was going to send one, I appreciate for the offer but I found them)

I bought some on eBay recently because the last Fellini I sold everybody asked if have the key.
The only problem is they came from that crook in Jackson Tennessee.
Actually a woman with the same last name

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Yes indeed. That's because the keys are stamped from flat stock.

You can easily tell a fake one because it is "cut" or "ground" from a blank. I have seen a few. They pop up with cases for sale on Ebay.

True. You would think the really good counterfeits would slightly round the edges of the key on one side to make it look legitimate. It would be very easy to do, with either fine sandpaper, or a Dremel tool. But then again, maybe I'm being too anal. :grin-square:

All the best,
WW

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
I bought some on eBay recently because the last Fellini I sold everybody asked if have the key.
The only problem is they came from that crook in Jackson Tennessee.
Actually a woman with the same last name
it's Hangemhigh aka Sam Engles:mad:
be carefull when you send Money, he owes me 2500 Bucks from 2010 on

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
it's Hangemhigh aka Sam Engles:mad:
be carefull when you send Money, he owes me 2500 Bucks from 2010 on

Yes, it is.

And they are selling a bunch of locks as well.

Dealing through Ebay offers protection though.

Although it may leave a bad taste for some, it is a place to get the keys. Personally, I have a bunch of them so no need to buy.

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

All the best,
WW

The flat side have #'s stamped on them?

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
No, they don't have any numbers on either side.

All the best,
WW

Mine are rounded on only one side and have small #'s on the "flat" side...

What does that mean? They're repro's? Diary box keys? Fake?? When do you think they were made?

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Mine are rounded on only one side and have small #'s on the "flat" side...

What does that mean? They're repro's? Diary box keys? Fake?? When do you think they were made?

Probably fake, unless other luggage keys. There was no reason for Bob H. to put numbers on those little keys; it would serve no purpose. If you have Fellini keys with numbers on them, my guess is the counterfietor wanted to make them look "legimate" by scribing numbers on them. Those keys did not originally come with any numbers.

When? The real Fellini keys, and cases, were made in the mid to late 70s or so. Mine was 1976.

All the best,
H

Last edited: