you ever wanted to put a boot up a team mates azz ?

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I get to usapl league tonight and sitting there texting my apa team mates the schedule for tri cups this weekend . My co captain start texting back and forth about a couple cant make it and one is not eligible. He is all.happy when I tell him a former team mate is eligible and will be there. Then out of the blue he starts going off about he hates apa ...nothing but a money grubbing racket....no money in it.

Of course i defend it some what when he states only 2 teams qualify and no one here ever does good out there yada yada yada. I tell him we send around 9 teams total and last year a scotch doubles team from here won it and a couple of years ago one of our team mates won scotch doubles also. He then says who the hell wants to play scotch doubles. I asked if you feel that way then why did you ask me to play with you in the captain / co captain tourny in a couple of weeks ? I then said if you hate it quit. And fold him I was in the middle of a match....texting between innings.....yea I know thats bad and have never done it before.

Well I wind up losing my match and text my team mate telling him I just lost a match I should mot have due to dealing with his crap. He apologized and I told him it was not his fault but mine for not focusing on my match. Told him we can deal with this tomorrow.

So I start my. 9 ball match and taking my po'd attitude out on my opponent. I win the first 4 racks and am up 56-12. My phone goes off and I know I should not look at the text and damn....my team mate text me saying he was gonna quit since I did not want him. That he wanted to play tournaments and play leagues where he could make money. Wtf ? So there goes my focus and lose 3 in a row and I finally win the 8 th rack 14-0.

Sitting there I think wtf is all this about? It dawns on me....could it possibly be due to the fact he just joined tap also and plays on the lo's team? So I text him and said i never said I did not want him that I said if he was not happy playing on my team to quit.
I then tell him playing tap aint gonna make him money that they only pay first place and If he aint on the winning team he dont make squat.. He then tells me he did not join tap to make money but to learn from the lo and another guy on that team so he can play tournaments. When he mentions the other guys name I say oh yea he is good that I lost hill-hill to him in a tournament this past weekend . He replies ...you must have played great that he is one of the best in town . I say yes he is ..damn shame I flubbed a safe on my last ball hill -hill and he ran out.

So then later on he texts me saying he is not a quitter and wants to stay on the team that he has learned a lot by watching me ...especially my safety play.

Wth ? Gonna think on it a day or 2 but really wanting to put a boot up his azz.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Ouch... a boot in the butt......
I think you can put together a team of better ppl..

Rob.M

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
So I get to usapl league tonight and sitting there texting my apa team mates the schedule for tri cups this weekend . My co captain start texting back and forth about a couple cant make it and one is not eligible. He is all.happy when I tell him a former team mate is eligible and will be there. Then out of the blue he starts going off about he hates apa ...nothing but a money grubbing racket....no money in it.

Of course i defend it some what when he states only 2 teams qualify and no one here ever does good out there yada yada yada. I tell him we send around 9 teams total and last year a scotch doubles team from here won it and a couple of years ago one of our team mates won scotch doubles also. He then says who the hell wants to play scotch doubles. I asked if you feel that way then why did you ask me to play with you in the captain / co captain tourny in a couple of weeks ? I then said if you hate it quit. And fold him I was in the middle of a match....texting between innings.....yea I know thats bad and have never done it before.

Well I wind up losing my match and text my team mate telling him I just lost a match I should mot have due to dealing with his crap. He apologized and I told him it was not his fault but mine for not focusing on my match. Told him we can deal with this tomorrow.

So I start my. 9 ball match and taking my po'd attitude out on my opponent. I win the first 4 racks and am up 56-12. My phone goes off and I know I should not look at the text and damn....my team mate text me saying he was gonna quit since I did not want him. That he wanted to play tournaments and play leagues where he could make money. Wtf ? So there goes my focus and lose 3 in a row and I finally win the 8 th rack 14-0.

Sitting there I think wtf is all this about? It dawns on me....could it possibly be due to the fact he just joined tap also and plays on the lo's team? So I text him and said i never said I did not want him that I said if he was not happy playing on my team to quit.
I then tell him playing tap aint gonna make him money that they only pay first place and If he aint on the winning team he dont make squat.. He then tells me he did not join tap to make money but to learn from the lo and another guy on that team so he can play tournaments. When he mentions the other guys name I say oh yea he is good that I lost hill-hill to him in a tournament this past weekend . He replies ...you must have played great that he is one of the best in town . I say yes he is ..damn shame I flubbed a safe on my last ball hill -hill and he ran out.

So then later on he texts me saying he is not a quitter and wants to stay on the team that he has learned a lot by watching me ...especially my safety play.

Wth ? Gonna think on it a day or 2 but really wanting to put a boot up his azz.

He's off his meds?

Jeff Livingston

Nonyamuff

Always behind the 8-ball
Silver Member
I have 2 of those on my team...one went in a tizzy last night and *poof* there went my focus on my game. Always fun here lately it seems.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You complained about pool very recently though...does not appear your complaints have resolved.

Sometimes, you gotta break a glass, the get up on a table and start hollerin about how you are sick and tired of all the whinin mfers and that everybody needs to stfu and play pool and stfu some more.

Then you let everybody know the next mfer that you hear complaining about a fun activity he/she chose to do today, boot...azzz.

You should prob get drunk first. Liquor, not beer.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You complained about pool very recently though...does not appear your complaints have resolved.

Sometimes, you gotta break a glass, the get up on a table and start hollerin about how you are sick and tired of all the whinin mfers and that everybody needs to stfu and play pool and stfu some more.

Then you let everybody know the next mfer that you hear complaining about a fun activity he/she chose to do today, boot...azzz.

You should prob get drunk first. Liquor, not beer.

You know...i shoulda put you on my az'er like to meet list .

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah ya should!
:thumbup:

Back to that whining thing. My whining was about my desire to play pool has waned somewhat. Well it seems that way sometimes.

His whining was about apa period . I forgot to mention he also complained about scorekeeping and that the lo did not have a clue on how to handicap players.

Basically word for word what a lot of apa bashers on this forum say. Wonder if he reads this forum lol.

Is one kind of whining more acceptable than another lol

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not me

I only played in a disorganized league a couple of times and it was a bit of a goat rope.

I just accepted it for what it was. I really don't enjoy league play as there is to much down time waiting to play again.

mjkeil62

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only at the hockey rink. Usually just throw a few water bottles or smash a stick or two. Lucky not the billiards variety.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My phone has an off button. Also, my car has several places to put my phone. OTOH, if I had business/family emergencies that might arise, I surely wouldn't be out playing pool!

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
I don't have all that much league experience, but I can understand your frustration. I'm only on my second group of teams (one for 9 one for 8 with a few dups), and to be honest I think they're a great group of folks. We want to win. The better players are more than happy to help the lower ones. The lower ones love to get the help. And in the end it's all about enjoying the game; more so than "just" winning. Ok - there's maybe one little niggle now that I'm in my first session as "captain" - a guy we all like never seems to have the money for dues. Personally - I'm not gonna start a habit of lending it to him, but that's just my own choice. Still - it's a bit frustrating to constantly hear I don't know if I can scrape up the money for tonight.

Oh well - your thread and I didn't mean to make it about me. It sounds like if you really focus then you can channel that into being "on" when you step to the table. Keep using that as your thought when you step away and don't lose sleep over someone else. IIF (you decide it's best for the team, they agree, and everyone ends up being better off) - then cut your losses and explain it's nothing personal to him. I am sorry for your situation - but I do wish you the best of luck with it.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My phone has an off button. Also, my car has several places to put my phone. OTOH, if I had business/family emergencies that might arise, I surely wouldn't be out playing pool!

In case you missed the part in my op...or.not . I mentioned that I had never used my phone during a match before. I am well aware of pool etiquette. As far as family emergencies go . I do mot turn my phone off for that exact reason. I have children and grand children in missippi....alabama...kentucky... Florida and my step dad on Georgia who is approaching 90. If an emergency arose with any of them I want to know about it.

Monday night I needed to contact all my players on 2 teams I am captain of to inform them of the tri cup schedule this weekend and to find out if any one had conflicts with the tri cups dates. Now I had previously informed all of them about tri cups this week so they were aware it was being held but most were not aware the starting day had been moved up to Thursday from our normal friday starting day. I did not have time to inform all of them before I had to leave for league. The schedule had not been posted until Monday afternoon.

So I hope that explains why I felt the need to use my phone during league...before my matches started. I already knew I may be shorthanded on one team due to a player in the hospital and his wife who also plays may not make it . I did not want to wait till tuesday and surprise every one 2 days before it started.

Now to what the topic of this thread is really about. The player in question did a complete 180 and text me last night all gung ho about tri cups and said he was excited and couldn't wait till thursday night came. Wth ?
As some one else said...is he off his meds ? Or should he be on some lol.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't have all that much league experience, but I can understand your frustration. I'm only on my second group of teams (one for 9 one for 8 with a few dups), and to be honest I think they're a great group of folks. We want to win. The better players are more than happy to help the lower ones. The lower ones love to get the help. And in the end it's all about enjoying the game; more so than "just" winning. Ok - there's maybe one little niggle now that I'm in my first session as "captain" - a guy we all like never seems to have the money for dues. Personally - I'm not gonna start a habit of lending it to him, but that's just my own choice. Still - it's a bit frustrating to constantly hear I don't know if I can scrape up the money for tonight.

Oh well - your thread and I didn't mean to make it about me. It sounds like if you really focus then you can channel that into being "on" when you step to the table. Keep using that as your thought when you step away and don't lose sleep over someone else. IIF (you decide it's best for the team, they agree, and everyone ends up being better off) - then cut your losses and explain it's nothing personal to him. I am sorry for your situation - but I do wish you the best of luck with it.

I dont mind you sharing your experiences at all.

Yea I had the same problem with 2 players on one team always crying broke. I got rid of them. I had a player join my other team last session and halfway through the session she started crying broke. Still on the team now....until I can find a replacement .

I did mot really argue with the boy but did tell him he was wrong in his opinion of apa. ...amd about playing leagues for money. Then I told him if he hated the league to just quit. Then he turned an about face entirely. crazy ...lol

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a lot of drama Pal... I feel for you. I am actually glad I don't have that on my team. Maybe some drama with other teams on occasion. But nothing like that.

Really don't even worry about the cell phone thing. I avoid mine too, it seems that's when my wife wants to argue about something when I am in the middle of a match. So I try to ignore it the best I can. I think you handled it well pal.
Stuff like that really distracts me and makes me lose focus.

Hopefully that guy was just having a bad moment and decided to take it out on you and everyone he could complain about. Some people just don't focus when they are really upset about things. Some people also can take a level 2 issue and in their mind make it a level 10 disaster.

Think it over..., if you don't want someone on your team like that guy. Then make some changes. Chances are others feel the same way as you.

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a lot of drama Pal... I feel for you. I am actually glad I don't have that on my team. Maybe some drama with other teams on occasion. But nothing like that.

Really don't even worry about the cell phone thing. I avoid mine too, it seems that's when my wife wants to argue about something when I am in the middle of a match. So I try to ignore it the best I can. I think you handled it well pal.
Stuff like that really distracts me and makes me lose focus.

Hopefully that guy was just having a bad moment and decided to take it out on you and everyone he could complain about. Some people just don't focus when they are really upset about things. Some people also can take a level 2 issue and in their mind make it a level 10 disaster.

Think it over..., if you don't want someone on your team like that guy. Then make some changes. Chances are others feel the same way as you.

Thanks man. :). Well you knida hit the nail.on the head. He is a young guy....middle 20's. His girlfriend plays on the team also....when they aint split up. She has dropped off the team twice in the last 2 sessions and then I put her back on when they make up lol. Their drama has never really affected the team . We had 8 including her . She is a 1 and we have a 2 so it never replied ally affected the handicap limit.

Well last week he told me they split for good. So I added a good 6. They get back together but no room for her. I think that was the root of this fiasco. So I solved the problem by putting her back on the team playing strictly 9 ball and moved a 3 to playing strictly 8 ball. So i have 11 players but just 5 on each team.

Every one is happy...well I guess. I have not notified the 3 of the move yet lol.

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well last week he told me they split for good. So I added a good 6. They get back together but no room for her. I think that was the root of this fiasco. So I solved the problem by putting her back on the team playing strictly 9 ball and moved a 3 to playing strictly 8 ball. So i have 11 players but just 5 on each team.

Every one is happy...well I guess. I have not notified the 3 of the move yet lol.

That can make things rough. Luckily we have 2 married couples in on my 9 ball team and one on my 8-ball team. All of their marriages seem to be on good standing. That works out well with your handicaps. My 9 ball team is wanting to bring a 1 on. We had a 1 who has went to a 2.. I think if she keeps on winning. She will be a 3 soon. She skunked someone in 9 ball the other week. I was really proud of her. I want everyone on my team to do the best they can. So we'll deal with her handicap change when it happens. Has to be just a matter of time.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
3 things I tell teammates they have to do to be on my team, or me on theirs:

1. Simply show up on time.
2. Pay your weekly money.
3. Try to win.

Everything else is gravy.

Jeff Livingston