My beloved chalk took a swim for a while, can it be salvage?

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was playing at friends in their basement and stepped outside to use the 'outside bathroom' and dropped my pocket chalk in a puddle of water. It was sitting for like 10 min before I found it. Can I bake it for awhile to pull the water from it?

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it was a yellow puddle, I would just get a new one.
Get a new one and let that one dry on a windowsill in the sun. Dont think force drying will work well.

Last edited:

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
If you rescued it, it can be considered salvage.

However, salvaged, that's another matter. Let it dry a few months, and you'll know. If it's not good by then, it's not salvageable.

Salvage, Salvaged, and Salvageable.

All the best,
WW

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$30 chalk cube I'm guessing?

No but not typical chalk, Magik Chalk. Dr. Dave rated it at 29+ hits without a miscue. It was $10 for 2, shipped. I have one more at home, I just bought them and it's the principal is all.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No but not typical chalk, Magik Chalk. Dr. Dave rated it at 29+ hits without a miscue. It was $10 for 2, shipped. I have one more at home, I just bought them and it's the principal is all.
For $5, I don't think I'd take the chance with it - just toss it! BTW, I use Magic chalk too and I love it. One piece will last you a really long time, so I wouldn't sweat the one you had to throw out. If you try to use it, trust me, everytime you miscue you'll wonder if that's why you miscued.

Reactions: KRJ

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Priceless ,,,you might want to take another look at that reply

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member

That's kinda funny... ChicagoRJ is rather familiar with Magic Chalk :p

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member

buy another one. Magic Chalk owner is one of us. Plus, it is 2 for $10 or one for $5

I like and use Magic Chalk. Good stuff!

Kd

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I was playing at friends in their basement and stepped outside to use the 'outside bathroom' and dropped my pocket chalk in a puddle of water. It was sitting for like 10 min before I found it. Can I bake it for awhile to pull the water from it?

First of all, I think you should google ‘pool’....
...only ONE of the definitions should be associated with cue chalk.

And I think RJ is remiss for not including those instructions with every box.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member

If you want it dry then hold it in your hand and click your heels together tree timea...its magic for cris sakes:p

If you use it wet then its worth much more(Kamui).:rolleyes:

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For $5, I don't think I'd take the chance with it - just toss it! BTW, I use Magic chalk too and I love it. One piece will last you a really long time, so I wouldn't sweat the one you had to throw out. If you try to use it, trust me, everytime you miscue you'll wonder if that's why you miscued.

Yes, great stuff. Why anyone would pay $25-30 for Kamui is beyond me.

I baked it at 170°F for 2 hours. It seemed to pull all the moisture out. I'll give it a try to see how it works.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Why would you risk your game on a $5 cube of chalk? Just leave it at a bar somewhere and use a fresh cube.

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

dvs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RJ. This is the best advertisement you could get

Unsolicited and heartfelt.

I use it also and prefer it to many others I've used. I have 2 pieces of Kamui in their packages which I only used a few times and they'll likely stay there unless I also happen to drop my magic cube in the drink

Regards
Dave