Amway cup 2017

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ladies Amway cup will be starting in the next couple of days, qualifiers starts to iirc.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That'll b a good bet,but both fishers are there. Strong field.

Sent from my Redmi Pro using Tapatalk

Yea but even them and some of the euro players like Jasmin are not favorites. I wish the US had some better training for the pool players so we could field more than one player in world wide competition that can get to the final 8 LOL, especially on the women's side.

I would say the final 8 would be 7 asians and a european.

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AM sure live updates and scoring page will be up tomorrow when main event starts. Youtube will be streaming live

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
I was honoured to be invited as a referee for this tournament this year. The level of play is very high and especially Chinese players are rock solid. I enjoyed the event and also some Taipei sightseeing with my fellow Taiwanese referees. :grin:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was honoured to be invited as a referee for this tournament this year. The level of play is very high and especially Chinese players are rock solid. I enjoyed the event and also some Taipei sightseeing with my fellow Taiwanese referees. :grin:

Most people in the U.S. have no idea how good the top Chinese women play. If Karen Corr can win Joss Tour events and go to the final at Turning Stone and she can't beat them, what does that tell you? :cool:
Chen Siming moves the cue ball as good as all but the very best players. Only guys like Dennis, Shane, Ko and Alex are any better. And her game is equally as consistent with very few misses or mistakes. In other words she (and several others like her) are world class players in ANY competition!

Last edited:

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I was a young man I worked on the Amway yacht, Enterprise. I met the owners several times and am curious as to the company's involvement with pool. How long have they been sponsoring pool and why they do? Not saying anything one way or the other just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of why Amway chooses to back pool.

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When I was a young man I worked on the Amway yacht, Enterprise. I met the owners several times and am curious as to the company's involvement with pool. How long have they been sponsoring pool and why they do? Not saying anything one way or the other just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of why Amway chooses to back pool.

It's the 20th year this year for this event, not too sure why they choose pool, my guess is that the company in base in Taiwan and pool is sort of like a national sport in those days. Hoping there would be an Amway Men's too, but from what i heard, there might be a chance that this years Amway would be the last. Sure hope thats not true.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Most people in the U.S. have no idea how good the top Chinese women play. If Karen Corr can win Joss Tour events and go to the final at Turning Stone and she can't beat them, what does that tell you? :cool:
Chen Siming moves the cue ball as good as all but the very best players. Only guys like Dennis, Shane, Ko and Alex are any better. And her game is equally as consistent with very few misses or mistakes. In other words she (and several others like her) are world class players in ANY competition!

FargoRate currently puts the top two women, Han Yu and Siming Chen, at 64th and 69th in the world's top 100 players.

Karen Corr is currently at 14th among the women, with 7 of the women ahead of her being from China.

Looks like you feel FargoRate may be a bit inaccurate.