Pool Room in SoCal with 5 x 10

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am coming down to Southern CA next Weds (3/8) to visit family and play in a small one pocket tournament on a 5 x 10 on 3/10,11. Any rooms down there with a 5 x 10 table to practice on?

Have not played on a 5 x 10 in years and could use a little practice before the tournament.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh, you think you are getting to day 2, eh ? :grin-square:

Can you not practice on the tourney table beforehand?

Please remember to file your report, during and post event, ya big bully.

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh, you think you are getting to day 2, eh ? :grin-square:

Can you not practice on the tourney table beforehand?

Please remember to file your report, during and post event, ya big bully.

I may not make it to day two, the field is small but tough. No, we can't practice on the table before the tournament. Daniel at POV is streaming it for free, but I will get a few pics and file a report.

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am coming down to Southern CA next Weds (3/8) to visit family and play in a small one pocket tournament on a 5 x 10 on 3/10,11. Any rooms down there with a 5 x 10 table to practice on?

Have not played on a 5 x 10 in years and could use a little practice before the tournament.

Just get a one foot extension for your cue and grip it at the end, then you can practice on a 9 footer and you will be a foot farther away on all your shots so it will be just like a ten footer.:grin-square:

Someone at the pool hall told me you were practicing every day on a 10 footer, I guess that poolroom detective is spreading fake news.

I think we are all going to be in the same boat because I don't know of any 10 foot pool tables in L.A. area and I have never played on one. Phil said he hasn't either. The only unknown is Frank, he may have one hidden in his house.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can tell you one thing I found out about playing on a 5 by 10... Playing shape for a ball with the cue ball in the center of the table... half the time, I can't reach it!
Good luck, folks.

GeoEnvi

Diamond System Enthusiast
Silver Member
It's been a while, but I believe On Cue (La Mesa, San Diego) and College Billiards (San Diego) both had 5x10s. Whether or not they are still there? Worth a call.

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just get a one foot extension for your cue and grip it at the end, then you can practice on a 9 footer and you will be a foot farther away on all your shots so it will be just like a ten footer.:grin-square:

Someone at the pool hall told me you were practicing every day on a 10 footer, I guess that poolroom detective is spreading fake news.

I think we are all going to be in the same boat because I don't know of any 10 foot pool tables in L.A. area and I have never played on one. Phil said he hasn't either. The only unknown is Frank, he may have one hidden in his house.

The only 5 x 10 tables I can find are snooker tables. They have one in Fresno and I am going to stop and play a little golf on it on the way down. That won't help my game against you guys, but I may pick up gas $$.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and trying to get even for the spanking you gave me in Houston.:D

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's been a while, but I believe On Cue (La Mesa, San Diego) and College Billiards (San Diego) both had 5x10s. Whether or not they are still there? Worth a call.

Thanks but I believe those are snooker tables. I play some golf on a 6 x 12 at CA Billiards in Fremont whenever I get a chance but that is with smaller balls and pockets.

I am going to stop and play some at Blue Fin in Fresno on the way down. They play golf with regular pool balls and that might help some.

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard Times had one. Check with Daniel he probably knows.

They have a 6 x 12 that I played on for years before I moved up north. I definitely will stop there for a little action and to visit old friends.

jrhendy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Got It!!! Took your advice and here it is.:grin: Only $135 with the new bumper that goes with it. You guys are in trouble now.

Attachments

• IMG_0114.jpg
    IMG_0114.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 288