Another bad experience from Meucci

Mezz'd up

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After seeing Max Eberle's recomendation on You Tube - that Bob's back!

In November, I placed an order for a Meucci cue. Paid in full to Meucci themselves. Barbara, the manager, said they would have to make it in house and said to call her back in a week and she would have an estimated time of completion.

Week after week, I called her back and she still did not have a completion date. About a month later she asked me to send her an email with my request. Finally, in late December she sent me an email and said my cue was on the way to me.

I received the cue around January 8th and they sent me the wrong cue. It was their entry level model. With such a failure in customer service on their end, I quickly reshipped the cue back to them unplayed/unused.

I had asked Barbara for a full refund. They got my returned cue mid-January and Barbara said she would have their accountant, Nicole, refund my money to my credit card.

So she transferred me to Nicole. Nicole said their company did not have any funds to refund me as their company was broke and she would try to refund me at the end of that week.

Well to this day they have failed to refund my money and I had to place a dispute with my credit card company and they will follow up with them.

Any one else have issues? Bob is definitely not back! :mad:

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I have a buddy that sent in his Meucci ti have it refinished.
They've had it about 6 months.
Is that unreasonable?

tduncan

Bet something...
Silver Member
I have a buddy that sent in his Meucci ti have it refinished.
They've had it about 6 months.
Is that unreasonable?

I would call & get it sent back immediately. Send it to mueller s. Ryan will do a much better job. Been there done that.

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I called the shop last Summer inquiring about a nice old Original I had acquired and getting some work done on it. It was a joke, Barbara could not answer my simple questions, had Bob standing within ear shot but he kept relaying my conversation with Barbara to her and the prices and lead times for work Bob was barking were ridiculous.

I was just thinking that Bob would appreciate the nice old 'Original' and be interested in keeping business in his 'House' as others could have knocked it out in a few weeks most. Haha

Sounds like I dodged a 'bullet' Got no $$$ for what they did to you.....pretty shameful. Should be flu$h with all the Players he has pushing his gear. Haha

Good luck,

-Kat,

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ouch!

That is so bad. Plenty of used Meucci cues show up for sale now and then. I remember the goat rope I went through getting my simple "sneaky" years ago.

They finally found it in a corner some where. My one and only order from them!

mtank79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I called & spoke with Barbara & Bob earlier this week about a cue. They were going to discuss it & call me back they took down the info & my #. The next afternoon I get a call from Barbara saying I have a note to contact you but I don't know why.... Bob calls me back later in the day we discuss the cue I won't. When I ask the price he just kept adding. Based on their website pricing it came out to $704 I was quoted 820 plus shipping. So I decided I'd order a production cue. Called a reputable dealer & was told that yes they have meucci's but they don't recommend them & that they planned to no longer carry the brand. Looks like I dodged a bullet by not ordering from them had the price matched up. Now to decide what to get. Looking @ a couple Schons & Predators.

DavidMNienow

Glamour Dave
Silver Member
For the money and best overall value id look at Pechauer, Jacoby, and Schon among the custom shops. McDermott and Viking for production. They all make a very fine quality cue.

mtank79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the money and best overall value id look at Pechauer, Jacoby, and Schon among the custom shops. McDermott and Viking for production. They all make a very fine quality cue.

I currently shoot with a G323 McDermott. I bought it from Seyberts. I replaced the Irish linen wrap with black lizard & bought a maple McDermott shaft turned to 12.25. Awesome playing cue. I have considered another McDermott purchase but I keep hearing so much on Schon's.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I currently shoot with a G323 McDermott. I bought it from Seyberts. I replaced the Irish linen wrap with black lizard & bought a maple McDermott shaft turned to 12.25. Awesome playing cue. I have considered another McDermott purchase but I keep hearing so much on Schon's.
I would choose a Schmelke over a Schon, I've owned 2 or 3 of each and like Schmelke better. And, they both start with " Sch" !!! LOL

PoppaSaun

Banned
I had a meuicci original with me when I got mugged a few years ago. Four point with veneers.

The mugger told me I could give him my money or the cue. I had $14 on me, so it wasn't a very hard decision.

I gave him the cue.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a meuicci original with me when I got mugged a few years ago. Four point with veneers.

The mugger told me I could give him my money or the cue. I had $14 on me, so it wasn't a very hard decision.

I gave him the cue.
Excellent choice, though I'd be leery of going back around there. Discovering his booty was a Meucci may entice him to seek revenge !!!

WoodyMPW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last shaft I ordered from them arrived in a flimsy triangle box. Here's the best part, some bubble wrap or heavy plastic you might expect protecting the shaft? Nope. A few pieces of advertising that you find in the Sunday newspaper.

It was bent terribly. Just to rub it in, wasn't even the right joint.

Horrible.

Did I mention it took weeks upon weeks.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad end to what was once one of the leading American cue companies. Wish Bob would take his knowledge and get hooked up with a company as a designer/engineer. Running a company has never been his strong suit.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
The dealings I had with them on behalf of a buddy of mine some years back was the absolute worst, ever.

Customer service and good quality cues, unfortunately, are past tense at Meucci.

To tell a customer who they owe a refund to that they can't do it because they're broke is just astonishing.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

PoppaSaun

Banned
Excellent choice, though I'd be leery of going back around there. Discovering his booty was a Meucci may entice him to seek revenge !!!

Actually I ran into him recently. He said that finding out he had stolen a Meucci was what made him realize he had hit rock bottom and he changed his life around, went back to school, reconnected with friends and family, got his dog back....

Sometimes traumatic experiences cause good things.

DMM4342

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob who?

After seeing Max Eberle's recomendation on You Tube - that Bob's back!

Bob is definitely not back! :mad:

Your post would be much more interesting and you would garner more sympathy if you gave us some more information. You could supply a link to your mention of Max.

Please tell us more about Bob:
1. Bob who?
2. Back from where? A place or a state of mind?
3. Not back? How so?
Thanks,
Dave

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your post would be much more interesting and you would garner more sympathy if you gave us some more information. You could supply a link to your mention of Max.

Please tell us more about Bob:
1. Bob who?
2. Back from where? A place or a state of mind?
3. Not back? How so?
Thanks,
Dave
C'mon man. I think everyone on this forum knows its Bob Meucci. The video with Max E. is when he started using BOB's Pro shaft.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
and where Bob was supposed to be back from was the land of poor quality and awful customer service. ;)
Must be an insane place to work. One cue comes out perfect and the next one is just pretty firewood. A buddy just bought a HOF-1 w/Pro shaft and it is very well made and plays awesome. Cust. serv. on the other hand, is a joke. I called them once and i thought i was talking to Jethro on the "Bev. Hillbillies". Could barely speak english much less answer a cue-related question. Gave-up so i emailed them and never heard back. They probably don't know what a computer is.

DMM4342

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
C'mon man. I think everyone on this forum knows its Bob Meucci. The video with Max E. is when he started using BOB's Pro shaft.
I should have known, after seeing his video of his robot illustrating shaft deflection.
But I did not know that he "was away".
I venture to say that many new members have no idea of Bob Meucci or of Meucci Cues.
New members sign on every day and some are very young and inexperienced at pool.
They come here to be socialize and to further their pool skills and knowledge.
Count one against me for not remembering Bob of Meucci Cues.
When I make a post, I hope I am connecting with the new members because without new pool players the number of tables will dwindle, the number of pool hall will dwindle, the number of pool events will dwindle and our access to tables will dwindle.
Best regards,
Dave
EDIT
I just watched the video of Max Eberly promoting Meucci Cues.
That video is over two years old, hardly news.

Last edited: