Black-piano GC's............................

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody know what years/models Brunswick made the GC with the piano-black finish? A friend has one and its gotta be the best looking GC ever. Very classy look.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I knew a BCA instructor who had one in his house back in 1997. Don't know what year Brunswick it was. I agree they are beautiful tables.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one, no idea of the year.

It kinda bugs me that the pocket castings are chrome; they reflect too much light:shrug:.

I got worser problems though.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member

It kinda bugs me that the pocket castings are chrome; they reflect too much light:shrug:.

They're pretty but the slates are not pinned like on GCII and I.
But, easier to replace cushions as they are already profiled for Super Speed.

mvp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

My buddy had the black with gold trim, was a little to flashy for my taste! The chrome wouldn't be to bad!

jGrz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a piano black with gold trim gc4. I'm not a big fan of the gold and am going to get all the metal pieces powder coated.

If anyone has any suggestions on polishing out the scratches in the aprons I'm open to any. I'm probably going to think of it as a car finish and handle it that way.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody know what years/models Brunswick made the GC with the piano-black finish? A friend has one and its gotta be the best looking GC ever. Very classy look.

I have the black and chrome GC4. Yes it's the best looking GC. Mine is from about 2004.

I've thought about selling it and getting a Diamond but the table just looks too good

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wife says i have to get ladder out to trim, from now on.

Attachments

• 20150815_101621.jpg
    20150815_101621.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 646

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Are the piano black GC's painted?? In other words could I take my GCI and have a gloss automotive finish put on it if I desired?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
-Update-

Did some searching and found that there were two different black-finished GC's. One had a flat/matte black and the other(one i first asked about) had rails that were done by Kimball piano. This one has a wet-look, glossy finish. This particular model was made during the GC-3 days while the matte-finish was offered in the GC4's&5's. If any GC expert/mechanics can back this up(or correct it) please feel free.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every singly GC4 I've seen in person is black, but not piano black..

Waiting for the pictures already!!!
What pics are you referring to? I don't have pics of my friends table and i don't really intend to ask if i can come by to photo it. Its the "Black High Tech" model. If you Google it there is a good Brunswick catalog photo of one. Maybe another AZ'r has pic, i don't know.

Last edited:

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Every singly GC4 I've seen in person is black, but not piano black..

Waiting for the pictures already!!!

I have a Gold Crown 4 that is not black. It is wood stain brown with brass trim and feet. It is a great table and I would never trade it for a Diamond or any other table for that matter.

Thanks

Kevin

jGrz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is my table before i picked it up. Its hard to tell from the pictures but it is a wet gloss black. I can take some better pictures when i get home tonight

Attachments

• 20161230_142915.jpg
    20161230_142915.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 622
Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is my table before i picked it up. Its hard to tell from the pictures but it is a wet gloss black. I can take some better pictures when i get home tonight
Thats' not the "Black High Tech" finish and its a GC4(flush pockets and no score counters). The BHT finish were GC3's only and up close they look like a brand new grand piano. That's a nice table you've got there,btw.

Last edited:

jGrz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thats' not the "Black High Tech" finish and its a GC4(flush pockets). The BHT finish were GC3's only and up close they look like a brand new grand piano. That's a nice table you've got there,btw.

Thanks and for $900 was a steal. But I will take some better pictures at home and I know it is a gc4. The finish is like a piano and has a mirror-like black finish

according to brunswick the finish is called poly black: see link below

http://brunswick.pastperfectonline.com/library/8C9C918D-F260-49DB-9C02-654955641092