Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Instruction & Ask the pros > Aiming Conversation
Reload this Page "Poolology", Maybe the best $10 ever spent!
Page 14 of 16 « First 4121314 1516

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old
  (#196)
paultex
AzB Silver Member
paultex has a reputation beyond reputepaultex has a reputation beyond reputepaultex has a reputation beyond reputepaultex has a reputation beyond reputepaultex has a reputation beyond reputepaultex has a reputation beyond reputepaultex has a reputation beyond reputepaultex has a reputation beyond reputepaultex has a reputation beyond reputepaultex has a reputation beyond reputepaultex has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

08-11-2017, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderWebComm View Post
No rush. Take as much time as you need. Just get it right.
This Polt reference, I believe you have used this more than once if I recall, correct?

I assure you that I am working hard to get it right and I would like to make a official announcement:

Paul's bishop takes pool's rook, CHECK.

I dedicated another year in which there is less than 11 months remaining and I believe that a point has been reached of:

Enter.......the end game.

Old
  (#197)
SpiderWebComm
HelpImBeingOppressed
SpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

08-12-2017, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultex View Post
This Polt reference, I believe you have used this more than once if I recall, correct?

Sounds like you're counting. Why bother counting when having so much fun.

I assure you that I am working hard to get it right and I would like to make a official announcement:

If you only knew how excited the pool world is with anticipation.

I dedicated another year in which there is less than 11 months remaining and I believe that a point has been reached of:

Enter.......the end game.
Phew! What a relief!

Viffer: The Movie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JFIy2ebJIE

Old
  (#198)
paultex
AzB Silver Member
paultex has a reputation beyond reputepaultex has a reputation beyond reputepaultex has a reputation beyond reputepaultex has a reputation beyond reputepaultex has a reputation beyond reputepaultex has a reputation beyond reputepaultex has a reputation beyond reputepaultex has a reputation beyond reputepaultex has a reputation beyond reputepaultex has a reputation beyond reputepaultex has a reputation beyond repute

08-12-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Phew! What a relief!
Come on now, if I were counting, I would not be recalling if"ing. The reference is an association to an email of mine. If your use is purely coincidental, then perhaps you can at least or atleast understand.

Not trying to be clever, I really don't know if it's at least or atleast and Google is not my friend. The if'ing I consider clever. And for the record I still haven't looked up those two other cool words but I will. I don't remember them off hand right now lol. Screw it, I'll look it up after I say some important words:

FACT: There are 3 sides to a cueball that requires 3 angles of attack for each side. This encompasses the mandatory objective of equatorial satisfaction: analyze........COMPLETE:

TRIPLE CUBED = The Paul's final form, the 27 styles, the ULTIMATE POOL TECHNIQUE

Yes, I am quite relieved and have earned a break but I don't wants it manggg.

Don't player HATE.......GRAVITATE = GAIN

Last edited by paultex; 08-12-2017 at 01:03 PM.

Old
  (#199)
paultex
AzB Silver Member

08-12-2017, 01:08 PM

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark

Hmmm interesting. Thank you mr spider. I shall study this.

Old
  (#200)
SpiderWebComm
HelpImBeingOppressed
SpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond reputeSpiderWebComm has a reputation beyond repute

08-12-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:

Yes, I am quite relieved and have earned a break
Good for you and glad to hear you finally relieved yourself with a bathroom break.

You do know if you're too fully loaded on one end or the other or on both sides, it could affect your posture and balance which will skew your entire experiments up until unloading it.

Be careful in the future. We'd hate to see this drag on for another year.

Old
  (#201)
SpiderWebComm
HelpImBeingOppressed

08-12-2017, 01:30 PM

Quote:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quark

Hmmm interesting. Thank you mr spider. I shall study this.
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...es/lepton.html

Johnny Archer knew of these which is why he constantly tries picking them up or brushing them off the table.

Last edited by SpiderWebComm; 08-12-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Old
  (#202)
SpiderWebComm
HelpImBeingOppressed

08-12-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
The reference is an association to an email of mine.
So is the reference on the email legitimate or bogus? Is it fact or phony?

Old
  (#203)
paultex
AzB Silver Member

08-12-2017, 07:17 PM

Quote:
So is the reference on the email legitimate or bogus? Is it fact or phony?
An email address of mine, sorry. Any further details of inquiry would have to be in private message if you so choose.

Back to pool.

Old
  (#204)
SpiderWebComm
HelpImBeingOppressed

08-13-2017, 03:54 AM

Quote:
An email address of mine, sorry. Any further details of inquiry would have to be in private message if you so choose.

Back to pool.
I'm already aware of all of it. No need for more.

50 line back cuts
Old
  (#205)
ryanshea
Dreamer of dreams
ryanshea has a reputation beyond reputeryanshea has a reputation beyond reputeryanshea has a reputation beyond reputeryanshea has a reputation beyond reputeryanshea has a reputation beyond reputeryanshea has a reputation beyond reputeryanshea has a reputation beyond reputeryanshea has a reputation beyond reputeryanshea has a reputation beyond reputeryanshea has a reputation beyond reputeryanshea has a reputation beyond repute

50 line back cuts - 08-24-2017, 06:22 AM

I have been practicing the Poolology method this week. I've set out a bunch of donuts on different lines in different zones and have been working primarily with very clear half and quarter ball shots. That said, I am having a very reproducible issue with back cuts in Zone A when the OB is around the 50 line - they are just plain not working. Being careful to minimize cut-induced throw with draw or follow I'm finding myself several inches fat. I realize with ~5' distance from the pocket the errors really multiply, but I am able to be fairly precise - however the calculated back cut for, let's say 50 Zone A with an alignment of 25 is not working and is not among the listed areas that are a problem for the system.

I am curious if I am a unique snowflake / only have trouble aiming half ball from here, or if this is simply another system problem spot I must account for.

Old
  (#206)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

08-25-2017, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanshea View Post
I have been practicing the Poolology method this week. I've set out a bunch of donuts on different lines in different zones and have been working primarily with very clear half and quarter ball shots. That said, I am having a very reproducible issue with back cuts in Zone A when the OB is around the 50 line - they are just plain not working. Being careful to minimize cut-induced throw with draw or follow I'm finding myself several inches fat. I realize with ~5' distance from the pocket the errors really multiply, but I am able to be fairly precise - however the calculated back cut for, let's say 50 Zone A with an alignment of 25 is not working and is not among the listed areas that are a problem for the system.

I am curious if I am a unique snowflake / only have trouble aiming half ball from here, or if this is simply another system problem spot I must account for.
Can you pm me the exact location of your donut on 50? I'll check it out.

**** UPDATE ****

I just nailed several 1/2 ball shots as described. No problem. I recorded them and will pm you the video link. I'm not sure what could be happening on your end... maybe the video will be helpful in figuring it out.

POOLOLOGY
Brian Crist

Last edited by BC21; 08-25-2017 at 09:48 PM. Reason: UPDATE

Old
  (#207)
BC21
Poolology

BC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond reputeBC21 has a reputation beyond repute

08-26-2017, 11:22 AM

Quote:

No problem.....

https://youtu.be/om2qEB-tN6g

POOLOLOGY
Brian Crist

Old
  (#208)
Dan White
Banned
Dan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond reputeDan White has a reputation beyond repute

08-26-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Based on Brian's reply it sounds like you are doing something wrong and are not aware of it. Take this as a good thing because you are about to fix a problem that you didn't know existed. I've always maintained that this is a great side effect of Poolology. Since you have a shot that must be, say, a half ball hit, but is not going in the pocket, you have something to learn. Maybe you aren't really seeing 1/2 in both directions, or you are swooping your stroke, etc. Could be lots of things. The objective Poolology "template" gives you the ability to fix problems overnight that otherwise might take years, if ever, to recognize.

Old
  (#209)
ryanshea
Dreamer of dreams
ryanshea has a reputation beyond reputeryanshea has a reputation beyond reputeryanshea has a reputation beyond reputeryanshea has a reputation beyond reputeryanshea has a reputation beyond reputeryanshea has a reputation beyond reputeryanshea has a reputation beyond reputeryanshea has a reputation beyond reputeryanshea has a reputation beyond reputeryanshea has a reputation beyond reputeryanshea has a reputation beyond repute

08-28-2017, 07:33 AM

I'll record some examples and provide the donut location. I chose half-ball because it is the least likely to be a visual alignment problem. I have seen a tendency in my visual alignment on 3/4 shots toward thicker hits, but I'm not sure why this specific line is giving me issues. Again, I'll provide more information.

Old
  (#210)
ryanshea
Dreamer of dreams

08-28-2017, 07:37 AM

I should have tried both directions to see if the problem existed toward both corners. I'll give that a shot tonight and provide results. I completely agree that having very reproducible and consistent issues is great information - hit-a-million-balls was not working consistently enough with what my brain is telling me for many shots, so I look forward to improving.

Page 14 of 16 « First 4121314 1516

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: