Schmelke Cues

jsmitty

Applesauce B*tch
Someone turned me on to Schmelke custom cues. They are based out of Wisconsin, and they look to have some really nice equipment. Has anyone ever played with a Schmelke?

deadhead

more money than sense...
Silver Member
I know nothing about where or how they are produced, but my first ever cue purchase about 20 yrs ago was a solid PH schmelke. I really liked the way it hit, and would still own it now, had it not been stolen out of a storage unit...

I have also noticed that some custom cue "builders" use schmelke blanks, so that points towards a solid product...

Dave

nancewayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Schmelke cues has been in the cue business over 40 years and still going strong in N.W. Wisconsin. They mostly make production cues at VERY reasonable prices! F.Y.I.

bsmutz

Fearlessly Happy
Silver Member
I have one that's my main player. I think they are a great company that cares about their customers and offers a great product for a very reasonable price. I bought one when I bought my pool table because it had a skinny tip on it (8 mm). Well, the shaft was way to skinny for playing pool, but was okay for snooker. I bought a laminated shaft from a different company and Schmelke sent him a joint so he could match it up. I also called Schmelke and talked to Dave Schmelke to order a variety of weights to try in the butt to see what would work best for me. I also had them make me another shaft. All in all, one of the better cue experiences I've had. Would highly recommend.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to think Schmelke cues were junk (ignorance on my part...this was 20-25 years ago). Then, while I was one of the instructors at the BCA Summer Youth Cue Camps, in WI in 1994, we took a day trip to the Schmelke factory, in Rice Lake, WI. They took us through every step and stage, in their manufacturing process (over 100 steps to produce a cue), and I learned a TON about their cues. I was flat amazed, and have never forgotten what a quality cue Schmelke produces...and for a very reasonable cost.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Hmmmm

I used to think Schmelke cues were junk (ignorance on my part...this was 20-25 years ago). Then, while I was one of the instructors at the BCA Summer Youth Cue Camps, in WI in 1994, we took a day trip to the Schmelke factory, in Rice Lake, WI. They took us through every step and stage, in their manufacturing process (over 100 steps to produce a cue), and I learned a TON about their cues. I was flat amazed, and have never forgotten what a quality cue Schmelke produces...and for a very reasonable cost.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

I agree....just got my new Schmelke break cue and quality is top notch...

OUSooner

Known Fish
Silver Member
I stopped by the Schmelke factory this summer while around Rice Lake in Haugen and thought they had a great set up. Also many of the bars in the area have some pretty nice Schmelke house cues that i wish I would have bought a few of.