Micarta Monday / fine tuning my player

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
Up for showcase is my Diveney player. This cue is a frankenstein of sorts, but I think I am dialed in to exactly what I want out of a cue. Here is how everything came to be:

The butt is a cored cocobolo and was originally intended as a break cue. It came with a stainless steel pin, but after coming loose, Mr. Diveney switched it out to G10. He added a little weight right in the middle to make up for the weight lost in the pin. I put one of my playing shafts on this butt and it played in my opinion better than my current set up. So I sold the butt I was playing with at the time. At that point, the two lakewood shafts had original rings and LBM ferrules on them. I sent off everything to the guys at Doc's cues in Minneapolis (I highly recommend them for any kind of cue service, they treated me right and I will be a repeat customer) and had the joint, the collars, and the ferrules switched out with micarta. I don't think I can feel anything special from the micarta, I just like how it looks. I always thought of myself as a full splice kind of guy but this setup just has that special "hummm" when I really strike the ball. The shafts are right around 3.9 - 4.0 oz and the butt is right at 15. Without further ado, here are a few pictures.

micarta2.jpg

micarta3.jpg

micarta1.jpg

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like it. Very simple and dark. Huge fan of lighter color joints​ so they really pop on your cue

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Up for showcase is my Diveney player. This cue is a frankenstein of sorts, but I think I am dialed in to exactly what I want out of a cue. Here is how everything came to be:

The butt is a cored cocobolo and was originally intended as a break cue. It came with a stainless steel pin, but after coming loose, Mr. Diveney switched it out to G10. He added a little weight right in the middle to make up for the weight lost in the pin. I put one of my playing shafts on this butt and it played in my opinion better than my current set up. So I sold the butt I was playing with at the time. At that point, the two lakewood shafts had original rings and LBM ferrules on them. I sent off everything to the guys at Doc's cues in Minneapolis (I highly recommend them for any kind of cue service, they treated me right and I will be a repeat customer) and had the joint, the collars, and the ferrules switched out with micarta. I don't think I can feel anything special from the micarta, I just like how it looks. I always thought of myself as a full splice kind of guy but this setup just has that special "hummm" when I really strike the ball. The shafts are right around 3.9 - 4.0 oz and the butt is right at 15. Without further ado, here are a few pictures.

View attachment 458253

View attachment 458254

View attachment 458255

Shafts look killer. Love the shorter ferrules and its a diveney. I bet it plays great.love it.

TILT9

Banned
i had a chance to use westinghouse paper micarta (asbestos) and i didn't have much, at that time to compare to except, ivory.
yeah, so it was nuclear according to health officials, but it played great.

galipeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're interested in any trades for your cue, I have a listing the the FS section to trade for firearms. Would be interested in this diveney though. Please see the pics I posted!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hear great things about these cues

yours looks great to me

my style of player