Old Rich cue

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Later offering of Rich out of New York. Saul's shop. Not sure if they were an import.

I think it was their final run. Maybe a year or two. I have a catalog scan but it is fuzzy. Looks like copyright 1982. The catalog says they are American made.

I have one of those with points and veneers.

Cool cue.

Quality similar to Adam, the last Palmers (imports), and other such cues...which means pretty good.

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
On point, Doc. Definitely Saul's not Abe's. I had one of Saul's merry widows with lots of MOP dots and rings. Not a bad hitting cue at all.

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What do you think the fair market value in this cue is?

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe $75 to $150 on Ebay.

I got a nice one at public auction with four points and veneers for $77, and it came with a pristine antique Brunswick hard case.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
I had one just like it I bought from a local sporting goods chain back in 1978 (SportMart).

I hated the look of the brushed stainless and that there was finish over it so I sanded it off and tried to hand polish it.. It took some elbow grease but I did a "decent" job for a youngin'.. I still had it when I ordered my Schon in 82. When I got the Schon I realized just how crappy the Rich played..LOL... I had a Mali and Meucci at the time too and those played better but not as nice as the Schon.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had one just like it I bought from a local sporting goods chain back in 1978 (SportMart).

I hated the look of the brushed stainless and that there was finish over it so I sanded it off and tried to hand polish it.. It took some elbow grease but I did a "decent" job for a youngin'.. I still had it when I ordered my Schon in 82. When I got the Schon I realized just how crappy the Rich played..LOL... I had a Mali and Meucci at the time too and those played better but not as nice as the Schon.

Cues like these are very hit and miss as far as how well they play. But most of us started out with something like this. My first cue was my Joss.

1978? That helps. Are you confident of that recollection?

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just realized mine has a pointed brass pin and is IMHO an older model than the one presented here.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Cues like these are very hit and miss as far as how well they play. But most of us started out with something like this. My first cue was my Joss.

1978? That helps. Are you confident of that recollection?

Yep pretty confident... But I think mine had a brass pin..

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK.

So I am assuming the brass pins are probably late seventies and the steel pins are probably early eighties.

The catalog pic I have is from 1983. I cannot tell what the pins are because the cues all have the shaft screwed on. It may be listed in the features but the image is too fuzzy to read.

Thanks for the comments and observations. :)