Some Brand New Summer Sugartrees just in!

plshrk22

A Holes Billiards
Silver Member
Just received these in from Eric and of course they each have that unique Sugartree look.

Top to Bottom (or left to right?):

1) East Indian Rosewood with Curly Maple. The Rosewood is a very dark burgundy and Eric was a bit baffled because East Indian typically isn’t red.

2) Birds Eye Maple and Linen wrapped. Some huge Eyes on this one.

3) 8 Point Zircote into Birds Eye Maple. The zircote is very figured.

fullsizeoutput_2589 by Alex Goeden, on Flickr
fullsizeoutput_258a by Alex Goeden, on Flickr
fullsizeoutput_258b by Alex Goeden, on Flickr
fullsizeoutput_258c by Alex Goeden, on Flickr
fullsizeoutput_258d by Alex Goeden, on Flickr
fullsizeoutput_258f by Alex Goeden, on Flickr

Last edited:

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gorgeous cues Alex. Eric has finest figured woods on planet. cues play good as well to boot!

thoffen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome stuff. That zircote looks really nice with the paler piece of birdseye. Since it doesn't have much red to it, zircote is a tough one to show off without looking washed out against a warmer wood.

Looking at the joint, I presume we are seeing what it is cored with down the length. What caught my eye, though, is that the core is something chocolate brown and there's something maple-looking where the pin is drilled into. Wonder if it's cored twice. And what's the chocolate brown wood? :)

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
Awesome stuff. That zircote looks really nice with the paler piece of birdseye. Since it doesn't have much red to it, zircote is a tough one to show off without looking washed out against a warmer wood.

Looking at the joint, I presume we are seeing what it is cored with down the length. What caught my eye, though, is that the core is something chocolate brown and there's something maple-looking where the pin is drilled into. Wonder if it's cored twice. And what's the chocolate brown wood? :)

Thank you :) The phenolic has a larger bore than my rings, so I sleeve it over maple & re-bore to match everything up. What looks like a chocolate brown wood is actually just a darker shade of maple. The core is dense, dark piece of straight grain maple.

thoffen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you :) The phenolic has a larger bore than my rings, so I sleeve it over maple & re-bore to match everything up. What looks like a chocolate brown wood is actually just a darker shade of maple. The core is dense, dark piece of straight grain maple.

I went to a wood supplier for the first time yesterday (not building, just collecting for now). Anyway, he was saying how I was probably interested in this maple board he had and that I'd want the sapwood and that the heartwood is just an ugly brown. I think I'll go back and see if he can let me have some of that heartwood for cheap (for "practice").

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
I went to a wood supplier for the first time yesterday (not building, just collecting for now). Anyway, he was saying how I was probably interested in this maple board he had and that I'd want the sapwood and that the heartwood is just an ugly brown. I think I'll go back and see if he can let me have some of that heartwood for cheap (for "practice").

Ugly brown :thumbup: I kinda like the ugly brown.

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Alright, photos updated. Damn photo bucket holding my photos hostage...

I can live without all or any of my pics stored on Photobucket
For some reason the high resolution pics I attach to AZ threads directly from my hard drive have been working.
Same with using my phone.
Something converts them to low resolution and it just works, with acceptable pics.
You definitely don't need Photobucket for Facebook.

Nice cues though
Photobucket really blows

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
I can live without all or any of my pics stored on Photobucket
For some reason the high resolution pics I attach to AZ threads directly from my hard drive have been working.
Same with using my phone.
Something converts them to low resolution and it just works, with acceptable pics.
You definitely don't need Photobucket for Facebook.

Nice cues though
Photobucket really blows

How do you do that? I'd love to be able to post pics from my phone without having to go through photobucket.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice batch of cues, for me the Birdseye really stands out. What a good looking cue!

The BEM is great looking. Besides, it's one of the few I have seen come from Eric with a wrap. I WANT IT!

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
How do you do that? I'd love to be able to post pics from my phone without having to go through photobucket.

I just attach the file from the Az toolbar and the 6 mb pics convert to something Az can handle

Don't know why, it just works.
Takes a while to upload