US Open 10 Ball

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Warren won the 10ballChallenge on the bar-box. SVB won the 10ballOpen on the 9ft. Not the same event.

Correct, I was aware of that and didn't specify why I was acknowledging Warren. He did finish second to Shane in the Ten Ball as well. Not a bad week's work!

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Correct, I was aware of that and didn't specify why I was acknowledging Warren. He did finish second to Shane in the Ten Ball as well. Not a bad week's work!

Warren must be the most understated top player out there. He is quiet, but gets the job done.

_______

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Warren's motto: "Forget the flash, gimme the cash". He's been gettin' it done quietly for years now. Met him at Derby one year and he is a really nice guy, when he's not ripping your heart out on the table.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can't believe they're doing those 7 footers again.
Haven't they learned something by now?
Some of the winners from the last few years, since it started, have even been considered illegitimate winners by some.
I'm not one of those, but I still hate the 7 footers.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of the winners from the last few years, since it started, have even been considered illegitimate winners by some.

To be fair they have moved the us open 10 ball and 8 ball to griffs with 9 footers

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be fair they have moved the us open 10 ball and 8 ball to griffs with 9 footers
And this was announced about a year ago. I was on the chat the other nite and hardly anyone knew about Griffs or the two events there. One guy said a buddy played in the 9ft 10ball and almost missed his match because he went to the BCA/CSI league site. Crazy.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Shane forfeited to Vinnie Calabrese in the 9th/12th spot of the 10-Ball Challenge? Anyone know why?

[And Kazakis beat Shane in both the 9-Ball Challenge and the 10-Ball Challenge.]

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member

Maybe there's confusion. The BCAPL Nationals have always been on 7' tables. When they introduced the GrandMaster division prior to Fargorate, any pro who wanted to play these events knew it was a 7' event.

Whenever they switched to Fargorate and changed the top tier event to X-ball Challenge, there was no reason to change table size.

Although the OP was asking about the US Open 10-ball, it seems he was asking about the 10-ball Challenge. The US Open 10-ball was on 9' tables. There's no reason to think that the 10-ball, 9-ball, or 8-ball Challenge events at the CSI BCAPL Nationals should change from 7' tables.

Freddie

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe there's confusion. The BCAPL Nationals have always been on 7' tables. When they introduced the GrandMaster division prior to Fargorate, any pro who wanted to play these events knew it was a 7' event.

Whenever they switched to Fargorate and changed the top tier event to X-ball Challenge, there was no reason to change table size.

Although the OP was asking about the US Open 10-ball, it seems he was asking about the 10-ball Challenge. The US Open 10-ball was on 9' tables. There's no reason to think that the 10-ball, 9-ball, or 8-ball Challenge events at the CSI BCAPL Nationals should change from 7' tables.

Freddie

My bad.
It was two old-timers who were talking and I was there.
Both very good players on a national level.
Both in their prime in late 80's to 90's.
Talking about how now a days using those 7 footers how can you call that a national championship etc etc.

Thanks for the correction.
Much appreciated.