Cuetec r360

pbillaa

Registered
Hey everyone... I'm considering getting a r360 cue. I've been using LD shafts for several years, and I'm an experienced fairly high level player. I've read most of the available r360 posts, but I want more. How does it realistically compare to a 314-2? Lay it on me... Good, bad, ugly, whatever. I look forward to see what you all have to say. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rampage8408

Registered
well uve prolly seen a comment from me then lol but I never had a 314 i had a z2 and it deff doesnt have the deflection a predator does but I always loved my Cuetec and even sold the predator to go back to my 360......but sayin tht I must say tht now I have a players pure hxt and wouldnt shoot with ne thing else.......I love this hxt over both my 360 and the z2......idk for some reason i just couldnt shoot with the z2, alltho I did love the deflection properties it had.......but with either the hxt or 360 u deff get less deflection then a maple .........

kagewest

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I borrowed a friend's R360 one night when I was not planning on playing. It made me wonder why we spend $1000's on cues. If you can play you can play just fine with an r360. May not be fancy but the damn sure shoot straight.

pbillaa

Registered
I borrowed a friend's R360 one night when I was not planning on playing. It made me wonder why we spend $1000's on cues. If you can play you can play just fine with an r360. May not be fancy but the damn sure shoot straight.

I'm considering it for a few reasons. I love the simple design, and I want to have a cue built for combat. I also like the novelty of Cuetec.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've played 7 months with a Cuetec R360 before I moved on to other equipment. I still have it and play from time to time to sharpen my stroke.

It's a very solid and well-made cue, the CER and CEV are stunning wood series.
The butt diameter is a bit smaller than on my Universal and I'm more comfortable with the bigger one (big hands).

The shaft is well made, but the Everest tip gets uncomfortably harder over time. You might want to change it to a Sniper or Onyx right from the start.
The pro taper is fantastic!
The hit is on the harder side and you can feel what you're doing very well. You should finish the cue with Renaissance wax right from the start and regularly because after a while you can feel the grain where the wood rings are pointing outwards. Nothing major, though.

The squirt (deflection) is OK, but I've been performing much better with a Tiger LD shaft. It's noticeably higher than with Predator. Search with google, there are numbers there.

Also the weight balance is different due to the joint with a steel ring; I prefer the lighter Tiger shaft on my Universal butt here.
Masse shots work well, not so good on my Tiger.

Absolute pro Cuetec: you can get stuff anywhere if something breaks. Van Boening plays with one so it's cool :D
Contra: the funky 3/8x14 (!) joint.

Cheers and have fun with it!
M

Last edited:

synthnut

Had a lay off shooting for about 15 or so years .....Went back to playing and bought a Cuetec R360 ....i went down to a pool hall with my buddy who was raving about how good the owner was ..... Low and behold , the guy was a great player , and I happened to notice that he was shooting with a Cuetec .....I asked him what his regular stick was , and he said " This is it pal " ..... I'm very happy with mine ...Shoot's as straight as can be ..... If the shot is off, it's because of me , not the stick !!.....Jim

rafiki121

Registered
I was wondering, with this cue I know you can add weights to it. But how many bolts can you fit in there? When looking at weights it comes in 5 x 1oz or 5 x .5 oz. Will i be able to fit all 5 in there

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There should be room for 5x 1oz bolts, yes.
I running 1x 1oz and 2x 0.5oz and there's plenty of room left.

You might not want to do that though as the balance will be shifted to the rear.

Cheers!

tomker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey everyone... I'm considering getting a r360 cue. I've been using LD shafts for several years, and I'm an experienced fairly high level player. I've read most of the available r360 posts, but I want more. How does it realistically compare to a 314-2? Lay it on me... Good, bad, ugly, whatever. I look forward to see what you all have to say. Thanks

Hi, did you end up buying the cue? What do you think of it?

I'm thinking of buying one myself. Seems like a great price for an entire cue with a real LD shaft, i.e., with radial slices of wood glued together, and not some magic pixie dust in the ferrule or whatever.

I mean, you can get an R360 on Amazon for ~$150 whereas you pay $200+ for a Predator or OB shaft.

One glaring difference is that the Cuetec shaft is made from "only" 4 wood slices and the more expensive shafts are made from 8+ slices. I wonder if that makes a difference. Top players are able to play with the Cuetecs so maybe 4 isn't so bad.

tomker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi, did you end up buying the cue? What do you think of it?

I'm thinking of buying one myself. Seems like a great price for an entire cue with a real LD shaft, i.e., with radial slices of wood glued together, and not some magic pixie dust in the ferrule or whatever.

I mean, you can get an R360 on Amazon for ~$150 whereas you pay $200+ for a Predator or OB shaft.

One glaring difference is that the Cuetec shaft is made from "only" 4 wood slices and the more expensive shafts are made from 8+ slices. I wonder if that makes a difference. Top players are able to play with the Cuetecs so maybe 4 isn't so bad.

After some more googling, I landed on this video, where several LD shafts are tested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRBRy9IBesM

It's not 100% scientific because there's still a person shooting and we're relying on him to have consistent aim and speed control, but it's still interesting.

Looks like the R360 roughly splits the difference between a cheap regular shaft and a Predator 314, and is nowhere close to the Predator Z. This is disappointing to someone (like me) looking for an inexpensive equivalent to the Predator but I guess it's a case of "you get what you pay for." I might still buy the R360 anyway...

sixwillwin

King of the Meadow
Silver Member
I have a R360 for the last year. Really have liked it. It came standard with the 12.7 tip. I could not find a place where you could get it with different shaft options? Prob would not have at the time anyway. I recently got an extra shaft, it is the 11.5 diameter. Plays the same with slightly less deflection. I love the long pro taper on them for sure!

gascoigne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got the black R360 model and played the best pool in my life. And the funny thing I had stopped playing since October last year. The cue and shaft moves the ball so easily and I am so glad I got it in the 20oz weight as the handle is slightly thinner than most cues (but still thicker than the Predator Ikon series).

If you are looking for a low deflection and affordable great playing cue, I highly recommend Cuetec R360 (I have played with 100s of cues in my life).