who's the most entertaining player?

9ballprodigy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey guys,

so my dad is from hong kong and over there, snooker reigns as king over all billiard sports. i wanted to see what top professionals played like, but i gotta say, resources are slim here in hawaii.

i was going to try to buy some videos overseas so i was wondering if any matches in history stood out.

also, who was the most dynamic player in the sport? i mean, aggressive, creative in shots, massive english, fast and loose? sorta like the corey deuel and bustamante of snooker i guess? so far, i like jimmy white, but i have yet to see him in his prime.

thanks,
johnny

crappoolguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie Osullivan, Ding Jun Hui, Alex Hiigins, and Jimmy White are all great to watch. If you want to see the best snooker player ever, watch Hendry in the 90s. He is a bit boring though.

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would seem that Alex Higgins was the player who captured the public interest insuring large TV audiences.

He did for snooker what Connors and Mcenroe did for tennis, what Arnold Palmer and Tiger Woods did for golf, and what Muhammad Ali did for boxing.

Rethunk

Snooker pimp
Silver Member
hey guys,
so my dad is from hong kong and over there, snooker reigns as king over all billiard sports. i wanted to see what top professionals played like, but i gotta say, resources are slim here in hawaii.

Have you found any snooker tables in Hawaii?

If you do know of any tables, please send me a private message or send me an email [admin (at) find snooker (dot) com] and I'll post the listing here:

http://www.findsnooker.com/Hawaii.html

Regarding Hong Kong: have you been to the place in Tsim Sha Tsui that has something like 72 snooker tables? I believe it's still open. Awesome place.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never play snooker
but these guys really do make it fun to watch

The Hurricane,and Ronnie are my favorites

i enjoy watching snooker more than pool

its classy

kremlin

Mark Williams is particularly fun to watch. His personality comes out a bit more than other players it is entertaining.