WTB Bit & Tap

Brain71

Railbird
Silver Member
I need a bit and tap for 3/8 10 thread. Lowe's and Home Depot do not have them. Thanks.

Brain71

Railbird
Silver Member
I need a bit and tap for 3/8 10 thread. Lowe's and Home Depot do not have them. Thanks.

How about this? What is the price for converting a shaft to a 3/8 10? The shafts has a brass insert in it now. Thanks.

captainjko

Kirk
Silver Member
What is the thread now? 5/16 - 18 or 5/16 - 14 ? You wont find that tap in a hardware store... Well, I have never seen one in our local stores... You can get from a cue building supply store. Drill bit will be a 5/16. Some guys do a little smaller hole. Shaft most likely will need to be drilled out, plugged, drilled and then tapped to 3/8-10.. If you don't have a lathe to do it so it will be perfectly centered, I would take it to someone who could...

Brain71

Railbird
Silver Member
What is the thread now? 5/16 - 18 or 5/16 - 14 ? You wont find that tap in a hardware store... Well, I have never seen one in our local stores... You can get from a cue building supply store. Drill bit will be a 5/16. Some guys do a little smaller hole. Shaft most likely will need to be drilled out, plugged, drilled and then tapped to 3/8-10.. If you don't have a lathe to do it so it will be perfectly centered, I would take it to someone who could...

What would it cost to have it done? The shaft has a brass insert in it now.

Bumlak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The drill bits are fairly standard though you need to use carbide so they don't walk off. If you are step drilling instead of boring, just go 3/16", 1/4" and then 5/16'.

The taps, however, will be a specialty tool and can only be ordered through cue making suppliers.

metalware10

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 5/16” drill bit, 0.308” reamer, and cue building taps.
But shipment will take 12-25 days