10 ball, world skill level test, let's find out how players rate.

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is just a test, an exercise, something to do and it’s not fancy, something to relate to
among those themselves that shoot it. Scoring, measuring, analyzing conditions is left
to the observer to figure it out (odds), what it means, in any language, cultural custom.

Glenn wants to have major playoffs, positions held; is this the way to get there…?
umm, the glue is going to need to hold well.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Nope. What I'm saying is you can think of any fancy skill test that you want and it will never gather as much information as is baked into an actual competition between two players. The real beauty of FargoRate lies in its simplicity. Record the results of enough matches and the results speak for themselves. I know you think you have a better way of figuring out who the best players are BUT you don't!

And you seem to forget I'm NOT rating the players against each other, I'll let Fargorate do thatnfor all those that want to gamble on the matches, because that's it's sole purpose, it's NOT to bring new players to the table....i FULLY understand the purpose of the Fagorate system....do you???

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The whole thing sounds like a pre-FargoRate idea to me. Fargo is doing a fine job of sorting out our players. The only people that don't agree with this are those that aren't capable of understanding it.

So you're trying to out think the room here.

And lets be clear here, Fargorate don't have a damn thing to do with putting ONE damn dollar in a Pro Players pocket, but it IS DESIGNED to put money in OTHER peoples pocket....an i WRONG?.....be honest, because everyone already knows what the Fargorating system is set up for, you seem to think it's for some other worldly purpose.....LMAO

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The whole thing sounds like a pre-FargoRate idea to me. Fargo is doing a fine job of sorting out our players. The only people that don't agree with this are those that aren't capable of understanding it.

So you're trying to out think the room here.

And here's ONE more thing for you to consider, the FARGORATING system can be cheated and milked dry by betting heavy on the winer of a match that according to FARGORATE.....the WINNER can't lose!!! Well let me be the first to inform you, the minute 2 pool players figure out they BOTH stand to make MORE money pooling their money together, betting in the LOSER....you know, the ONE that DON'T stand a chance of WINNING!!! THEN the supposed winner, becomes the loser....and BOTH players cash in for more than they we're going to make in the tournament innthe first place.....think NOT???

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Aren't all big events like that rhough? Tennis, marathons, ice skating, olympics?

Yep, sure are, so what stops this sport from following in the footsteps of boxing and the MMA and crown a world champion, and find the entertainment in watching the world champion having to defend the title on a regular basis, hell something like that would be a hell of a lot easier to get on main stream TV than trying to fit a whole tournament in to TV time frame.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
This is just a test, an exercise, something to do and it’s not fancy, something to relate to
among those themselves that shoot it. Scoring, measuring, analyzing conditions is left
to the observer to figure it out (odds), what it means, in any language, cultural custom.

Glenn wants to have major playoffs, positions held; is this the way to get there…?

Bowling has a minimum pin average to be a Pro. Golf has a minimum par score to be considered to be a Pro, both are individual player sports, so why not pool....beats paying an entry fee only to find out you don't stand a chance in hell of getting into the money rounds.

realkingcobra

Silver Member

The glue will hold up just fine, been holding up for about 33 years now...LOL

Attachments

• 20160626_163436_resize_20170607_120904.jpg
    20160626_163436_resize_20170607_120904.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 147
  • 20160626_163547_resize_20170607_120905.jpg
    20160626_163547_resize_20170607_120905.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 147
  • 20170319_174141_resize_20170323_143404.jpg
    20170319_174141_resize_20170323_143404.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 147
  • 20170321_101540_resize_20170323_143403.jpg
    20170321_101540_resize_20170323_143403.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 150
  • 20170705_190547_1024x1024.jpg
    20170705_190547_1024x1024.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 146

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The bottom picture is my work, the top 4 pictures are what this industry standard is....the world can get in line and bet everything against my work, and that's what my video library will be teaching anyone who wants to learn the RIGHT way of being an installer working on pool tables!

realkingcobra

Silver Member
My glue down sytem, no spray glue, no staples, Simonis 860HR stretched 1 3/4" side to side first, starting with the side pockets, not end to end which is how the world has leaned to install the bed cloths, which is completely wrong!!

20170420_180410_resize_20170502_114256.jpg

20170420_180437_resize_20170502_114256.jpg

20170420_180506_resize_20170502_114256.jpg

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honestly -- I have no idea what you're going on about in this thread. The only thing I've picked up from it is you have yet another skill rating test and you're going to save pro pool with glue. I guess everything else has been tried -- so good luck with that.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Honestly -- I have no idea what you're going on about in this thread. The only thing I've picked up from it is you have yet another skill rating test and you're going to save pro pool with glue. I guess everything else has been tried -- so good luck with that.

Everything else has been tried, really? Like what, that didn't involve someone getting ripped off!!! What else has honestly been tried? Building bigger pool leagues with more members, what has that done for pool? What has Fargorate ever done for pool? What has anyone really done for the Pro Players that support this game world wide....pay a 9 ball world champion $30,000....wow, or the US Open 9 ball champion $40,000? Did Fargorate pay either champion $1 dollar?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Well I gave the test a shot. Started out pretty well, but went downhill pretty quickly from there.

View attachment 485327

Thank you, you're now the leader with a 58 and we have a 31, so as more players take this test, i think we'll all see how the points start to spread, creating a separation in skills, Pro, Semi-Pro, and amateurs. Once thousands of people have taken this test, well have a pretty clear idea as to where to separate and break players into their own divisions for tournaments at their skill level, which is a lot more fair than lopsided tournaments, and players paying their entry fees to play, but never really having a shot to advance because they were matched up witb a Pro or Semi-Pro and never stood a chance, but they do get a thank you for your entry fee....we'll take it from here....we have some players better than you to pay!!

Dan_B

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
That’s all good Glenn, it’s only half of the gluing to be done; the gluing that holds this
game of yours together is going to need to be some impressive stuff.

Been breaking a few, I do need to do a re-stretch, getting anxious to get to that,
diffidently needs it, my score also..

bpb398 58
me 31

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That’s all good Glenn, it’s only half of the gluing to be done; the gluing that holds this
game of yours together is going to need to be some impressive stuff.

Been breaking a few, I do need to do a re-stretch, getting anxious to get to that,
diffidently needs it, my score also..

bpb398 58
me 31

That's the reason why cloth needs to be installed using my stretch index system, no matter who installs the cloth, it turns out the same, because it's a repeatable system. Tight cloth comes with a measurement, not a personal interpretation of what tight is. In 35yrs of working on pool tables, I've never had to restretch a bed cloth, or had puckers or wrinkles under the rails, and neither has anyone I've taught how to work on them. I've already made the Simonis cloth installation DVDs, so I've already seen the results of my teaching, and that was just a small sample.

Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Everything else has been tried, really? Like what, that didn't involve someone getting ripped off!!! What else has honestly been tried? Building bigger pool leagues with more members, what has that done for pool? What has Fargorate ever done for pool? What has anyone really done for the Pro Players that support this game world wide....pay a 9 ball world champion $30,000....wow, or the US Open 9 ball champion $40,000? Did Fargorate pay either champion $1 dollar?

No fargo didn't pay a dollar however over time because it's competition based it will give the true players ability in such , tests simply will never be a accurate measure of a players speed under fire ,, , never the less your beating a dead horse pool simply is not a entertaining game here and is fall like a rock behind other things that are .

realkingcobra

Silver Member
No fargo didn't pay a dollar however over time because it's competition based it will give the true players ability in such , tests simply will never be a accurate measure of a players speed under fire ,, , never the less your beating a dead horse pool simply is not a entertaining game here and is fall like a rock behind other things that are .

Why do you not see the purpose of the skill level test? No, it don't measure a players ability to match up against each other, it has nothing to do with that, not one thing. The sole purpose of the test is for a player to show their skills at breaking and pocketing balls, in an effort to try and group players together based on their skills tested. When the highest rated 16 players are IN a tournament to play AGAINST one another to determine one overall winner....THEN Fargorate can lay the bets on who ever they want based on their collective information....but, if i end up with 6 players in that event, never heard of before, never even seen before, but placed high as hell in my skill level test....then what is Fargorate going to do, when they have NO BACKGROUND on those players?....or are you implying that could NEVER happen, because it just DID happen with a very young kid from Albania, that at 18yrs old beat the hell out of just about everyone in the US Open 9 ball event, almost won it to....and Fargorate had absolutely no rating on him....why not if it's the bible of players???

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Ball in hand after the break is a much better test. It eliminates some rolls. You need a shot on the 1 to run balls, What's wrong with that? More of us would do it with BIH - we don't want rolls to determine a score.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Ball in hand after the break is a much better test. It eliminates some rolls. You need a shot on the 1 to run balls, What's wrong with that? More of us would do it with BIH - we don't want rolls to determine a score.

The problem with that is you don't get a chance to do that against another player in a match, BUT to my 2 test takers already, here's a thought, instead of going for the 4 bonus points, and consequently missing out on the 10 points from the rack available, back off on your break speed, and take advantage of the first shot after the break, there's nothing wrong with no making a ball on the break, it's still your shot. Read what i just said, and take the test again, then post your score, lets see the difference in the scores.