I Stopped Obsessing Over The Pocket And Got My Groove Back

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
No Spidey, I amassed a small fortune playing pool. I invested all of it in Apple when it was a star-up and took millions of dollars from my Apple investment and now live comfortably in Trump Tower and have threesomes with Ivanka and Melania. Pool has been very very good to me.

No, pool hasn't been anywhere close to as lucrative for you as the law has. Do you only go to the Trump Tower for Ivanka and Melania every once in a while since you live in the Hill Country of Texas? Austin maybe?

About Brookeland Bill Biography-One Pocket Player-

LocationTexas Hill Country - http://texashillcountry.com/cities-in-the-texas-hill-country/

InterestsPool, golf, cycling

Last edited:

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're preaching to the wrong person about fractional aiming. BC21 (Brian Crist) has a fractional aiming system for sale called Poolology. Maybe you should buy it and it'll change your mind. (or maybe it won't)

I have it. I think it’s robotic. I also play a lot of golf. I have played for years. There is a correlation between pool shot making and golf instruction in the 21st century. Both sports have become too mechanical in their teaching. There are too many “professionals” on UTube and Vimeo in both sports that have complicated pool and golf. The golf swing is not natural, l agree. But you can not clutter your mind and forget that you are in the moment to strike ball regardless if it is pool or golf. Stan’s videos are an example and confused the crap out of me. He could drag out a three word sentence for 30 minutes. It’s excruciating.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I have it. I think it’s robotic. I also play a lot of golf. I have played for years. There is a correlation between pool shot making and golf instruction in the 21st century. Both sports have become too mechanical in their teaching. There are too many “professionals” on UTube and Vimeo in both sports that have complicated pool and golf. The golf swing is not natural, l agree. But you can not clutter your mind and forget that you are in the moment to strike ball regardless if it is pool or golf.

Yet, almost every PGA Tour player either has or had an instructor who follows them around at all times on the course during tournaments or in between tournaments.

Stan’s videos are an example and confused the crap out of me. He could drag out a three word sentence for 30 minutes. It’s excruciating.

I guess it doesn't make sense for those with ADD. Hey, different strokes for different folks. I do these types of things in person.

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess it doesn't make sense for those with ADD. Hey, different strokes for different folks. I do these types of things in person.

You really make assumptions about posters. What are they based on? Do you have one of those magic Eight Balls that leads you through life’s ups and downs and makes decisions for you?

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I guess you don't believe in any of that FRACTIONAL bunk, huh? Neither for yourself or anyone else.:D

I believe fractional aiming is an excellent way to train the brain so that a player eventually gets to a level where all they have to do is look at the object ball for any given shot and they'll just know where to shoot the cb in order to send the ob to the pocket.

I do a fine job playing a total of maybe 20 hours per month, and fractional aiming has become a handy part of my game. Having never played in a big tournament against pro players, I have no big tournament trophies to prove my abilities, and I don't need any of that self-gratifying proof to know how well can play.

It's the same with music. I have friends that tell me it's a shame that I don't "do something" with my songs, that I am wasting a remarkable talent. I tell them I am doing something with my talent....I'm playing music. Like playing pool, I play because I like playing, not because I want others to watch me. I play for me.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Do you have one of those magic Eight Balls that leads you through life’s ups and downs and makes decisions for you?

Yes I do. I also have a Ouija board, Tarot cards, and have my palm read. Palm reading takes a little longer because of all the hair growing there.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I believe fractional aiming is an excellent way to train the brain so that a player eventually gets to a level where all they have to do is look at the object ball for any given shot and they'll just know where to shoot the cb in order to send the ob to the pocket.

I do a fine job playing a total of maybe 20 hours per month, and fractional aiming has become a handy part of my game. Having never played in a big tournament against pro players, I have no big tournament trophies to prove my abilities, and I don't need any of that self-gratifying proof to know how well can play.

It's the same with music. I have friends that tell me it's a shame that I don't "do something" with my songs, that I am wasting a remarkable talent. I tell them I am doing something with my talent....I'm playing music. Like playing pool, I play because I like playing, not because I want others to watch me. I play for me.

Why are you addressing this to me? I don't care what you do or think. It should be to Brookeland Bill who bought your system and doesn't care for it. Explain it to him.
I mentioned you and your system to try helping him and you since CTE wasn't his cup of tea. HE said what he did about fractional aiming and your system afterwards.

Originally Posted by Brookeland Bill

Fractional ball! Well if you have a protractor, compass, t-square, various drafting triangles, a math degree and understand the theory of relativity then go for it. Don’t forget the materials the balls are manufactured from, the temperature and relative humidity, wind direction, high or low tide and the phases of the moon. Go for it

I have it. I think it’s robotic.

Regarding my post to you, here was your post:

Originally Posted by BC21 View Post

Same here.....just look at the ball and shoot.

More times than not, you've stated that you just SEE THE OB as a WHOLE and shoot. WHAM! Like magic they all go in. Nothing about using the fractions for aiming UNLESS you get into a shooting slump which you then try to get you out of the funk.

It wasn't FRACTIONS that GOT YOU WHERE YOU ARE with pool. When asked how you aimed, you had no inkling or clue. You only came up with the GRID SYSTEM using fractions as an after thought when asked about aiming. (as well as make some money on the efforts to produce it) Nothing wrong with that.

Please don't post to me again and I'll avoid you.

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seems to me like Brookeland Bill is on to something. The pro's aim like Bill does. Here's what your pal Allen Hopkins has to say:

Allen Hopkins: "I aim at a spot on the OB with center cue ball. A lot of it is feel, when you play as often as I do. you start finding that spot real easily. Occasionally I'll aim the cue stick toward the pocket through the ball to find that spot.

Here's what a bunch of other pro's have to say:

http://xcuepool.blogspot.com/2010/08/how-pros-aim.html

Oh, I forgot. All these people are lying because they don't want you to know that they actually do something different! LOL Dave knows better because he's actually talked to a lot of pro's and they tell him the real secret. It's probably something like, "Sure, sure Dave, whatever you say. Here's a cookie now go away."

And then the master, Efren himself, teaching edges and centers.
( AIMING WITH WHITEY )
Another theory, aiming with the cue ball:
Nesli O' Hare: The technique I use was taught to me by Efren Reyes.
According to Efren, there are three kinds of hits on any OB. First, there's looking at the center of cue ball to the point of aim if the shot is a full ball hit. If not, you can divide the OB into four quarters, sighting your cue ball edge to the point of aim. When using inside English with a medium to hard stroke, you don't change the point of aim.
With outside English, you aim a sixteenth of an inch fuller on the OB than you normally would. But, all bets are off when using a soft stroke, because of deflection, etc.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've got to tell you, when I'm in dead stroke, I noticed that I really only need to look at the object ball for the most part. I only glance at the pocket.

_______

Exactly, but it doesn't mean you aren't doing what got you there. If you use contact points to learn you still use them "in the Zone" just a little more naturally. Same with any aiming method. Your method of choice doesn't leave you when you are "in the zone"

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Why are you addressing this to me? I don't care what you do or think.............

More times than not, you've stated that you just SEE THE OB as a WHOLE and shoot. WHAM! Like magic they all go in. Nothing about using the fractions for aiming UNLESS you get into a shooting slump which you then try to get you out of the funk.

It wasn't FRACTIONS that GOT YOU WHERE YOU ARE with pool. When asked how you aimed, you had no inkling or clue. You only came up with the GRID SYSTEM using fractions as an after thought when asked about aiming. (as well as make some money on the efforts to produce it) Nothing wrong with that.

Please don't post to me again and I'll avoid you.

I addressed my reply to your little poke at me, which was in no way "helping" or directed toward Brookland Bill as you say. It was a 100% trolling poke addressed to me, as you typically do. And I should've ignored it because it was nothing really. :wink:

I simply agreed with Brookland Bill about looking at the object ball and then shooting, and you couldn't keep yourself from jumping in and pushing buttons like you do to draw a response.

Originally Posted by SpiderWebComm:

I guess you don't believe in any of that FRACTIONAL bunk, huh? Neither for yourself or anyone else."

You troll for replies and then ask not to be quoted or addressed in response to the trolling. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Exactly, but it doesn't mean you aren't doing what got you there. If you use contact points to learn you still use them "in the Zone" just a little more naturally. Same with any aiming method. Your method of choice doesn't leave you when you are "in the zone"

I agree. It might feel like you are just free-wheeling it, but what you are actually doing is playing in the moment under the control of a trained mind, not thinking about the last shot or the next shot, but simply executing the shot you are on at the present time.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I addressed my reply to your little poke at me, which was in no way "helping" or directed toward Brookland Bill as you say. It was a 100% trolling poke addressed to me, as you typically do. And I should've ignored it because it was nothing really. :wink:

I simply agreed with Brookland Bill about looking at the object ball and then shooting, and you couldn't keep yourself from jumping in and pushing buttons like you do to draw a response.

You troll for replies and then ask not to be quoted or addressed in response to the trolling. :rolleyes:

I wasn't trolling you in that first post. It was goofing around with you.

Do you remember saying in those PMs we had going back and forth that you thought we could be friends?

Trust me when I say this, we could NEVER be friends. We aren't on the same wavelength and there's way too much water under the bridge. I've never trusted you or your motives to begin with and the actions have proved it.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

Do you remember saying in those PMs we had going back and forth that you thought we could be friends?

Trust me when I say this, we could NEVER be friends. We aren't on the same wavelength and there's way too much water under the bridge. I've never trusted you or your motives to begin with and the actions have proved it.

I get it......it just seems that when someone posts anything remotely negative about Stan Shuffett or CTE, the poster is never just "goofing around". It is always taken as a trolling comment by a cte "hater". But you can do the same thing with me and fractional aiming and it's all in good fun. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish trolling from goofing around, but you did post a goofing around face along with your comment, that's why I backed up and said I shouldn't have replied because it was really nothing.

I mean every word I say, whether it's in a pm or an open thread. No silly pokes here and there change my opinion of you or anyone else here. That includes those who take little pokes at CTE or any other system as well.
:thumbup:

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member

You seem to make a big deal out of small things. I haven't agreed with many on this forum, but I guarantee it wouldn't shut the door from being friends with any of them, including you. Take it easy an be well.

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
You seem to make a big deal out of small things. I haven't agreed with many on this forum, but I guarantee it wouldn't shut the door from being friends with any of them, including you. Take it easy an be well.

Exactly. I don't judge a person's true character by their online persona here. I mean.....I have best friends that are on both extremes of the political spectrum, as well as the religious spectrum, but we find commonalities that tie us together. I bet even low500 would be alright to hang with outside of this forum....we both love pool and music -- so in my mind he's probably a good guy.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I get it......it just seems that when someone posts anything remotely negative about Stan Shuffett or CTE, the poster is never just "goofing around". It is always taken as a trolling comment by a cte "hater".

No, it isn't just goofing around with CTE because it has been going on for 20 years starting with Hal, anybody who used CTE, and now Stan. It has ALWAYS been name calling (snake oil salesman and other derogatory names), bashing, discrediting, or attempts to discredit by video or verbally and illustrating it incorrectly in ways which it is not taught.

I've gone back into the RSB archives and read the garbage from anti-CTE haters (yes HATERS) and it's not a pretty picture. HAVE YOU EVER GONE BACK TO RSB ARCHIVES TO SEE IT? How about here on AZB since the early to mid 2000's? NO? I didn't think so. It's as UGLY as it can get and NOTHING was done about it. It was FREEDOM TO TRASH!

I joined here in 2006 and it carried over by the same individuals. When Stan came on board, it got even worse. And guess who the primary antagonists were? The same ones from RSB along with new recruits. You're one of them.

But you can do the same thing with me and fractional aiming and it's all in good fun. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish trolling from goofing around, but you did post a goofing around face along with your comment, that's why I backed up and said I shouldn't have replied because it was really nothing.

It WAS really nothing on that particular post and nothing but goofing around. The icon should have been your key.

As far as making posts about YOUR fractional aiming in the recent past, yes I have pointed out the weaknesses and there are problems with it. I also ASKED you for your permission to post what I thought about it and you said OK, do what you want.

It was the first time anybody did it and you didn't like it one bit, did you? How did it feel? Not too good, huh? How would you like to have the nitpicking harassment going on for 20 straight years or the 8-10 years that Stan has had to put up with?

YOU have been a part of the harassment and nitpicking since you decided to join forces with the primary assault group. So don't give me your innocence crap.

I didn't go overboard on my posts or assessments either. Even with your permission, I got a two week ban for BASHING. How did THAT happen and who did it? YOU?
If not YOU, no need to tell me who. I certainly know who.

I mean every word I say, whether it's in a pm or an open thread. No silly pokes here and there change my opinion of you or anyone else here. That includes those who take little pokes at CTE or any other system as well.
:thumbup:

And I mean every word I say. If you want respect and others to lay off of your system, then you better do likewise or else it's going to keep coming in giant tidal waves. I could care less about getting banned temporarily or permanently. And I'm sure the same cry babies who are on the assault force against CTE will be seeing to it that it happens. It's their job and sick, sick mission in a meaningless life.

So, are you ready for peace or not?

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

Anthony, sometimes I see some real good in you regarding pool, your skill level, and your posts which makes me think you'd be OK to hang with. And at other times you come on like a loud mouth know it all about a certain subject you know absolutely nothing about and it does nothing but incite flame wars.

Everybody I come in contact with isn't my friend even when it's face to face over many years. Friends become friends over time based on a number of different factors. Trust is a big part of it and there are those on here who I don't trust one iota.

Until I really do meet people face to face over a long enough period of time in real life, this computer chat crap is all make believe to begin with. It's like a fantasy world with our imagination being the primary interpreter of good vs. evil or friend vs. foe. Although FOE becomes quite apparent and obvious fast.

I'll make my own decisions on how I choose my friends and you can make yours.
How's that?

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Anthony, sometimes I see some real good in you regarding pool, your skill level, and your posts which makes me think you'd be OK to hang with. And at other times you come on like a loud mouth know it all about a certain subject you know absolutely nothing about and it does nothing but incite flame wars.

Everybody I come in contact with isn't my friend even when it's face to face over many years. Friends become friends over time based on a number of different factors. Trust is a big part of it and there are those on here who I don't trust one iota.

Until I really do meet people face to face over a long enough period of time in real life, this computer chat crap is all make believe to begin with. It's like a fantasy world with our imagination being the primary interpreter of good vs. evil or friend vs. foe. Although FOE becomes quite apparent and obvious fast.

I'll make my own decisions on how I choose my friends and you can make yours.
How's that?

I won't disagree with you, many of us have played that part. Different opinions and being behind the keyboard, it's easy to let the words fly. I'm guilty an from the help of you guys I've realised what an a $$ I've been .:) Now that being said I think many of you are wrong about things..but I ain't mad about it.:wink:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've got to tell you, when I'm in dead stroke, I noticed that I really only need to look at the object ball for the most part. I only glance at the pocket.

_______

This is what I do -- I just see the ball, the shot, the table, the CB. I guess you could say that the whole OB is "the spot" I aim for.

Lou Figueroa
dats a big spot :)