Brunswick Gold Crown 4 tournament edition - Questions

jesusmowsmylawn

Registered
I am looking at a gc iv and was wondering if the GC4 had a factory tournament edition, or did this start with the GC5? If it was an option on a GC4, how was it different, besides tighter pockets with subrail extensions?

Also, if a GC4 Tournament Edition did exist, did the tournament edition only come with the Brunswick decals on the side or could you get it ordered without?

Last Question:
Is it hard to widen the pockets (shimmed or with a subrail extension)? I do not want 4.5" pockets because I do not have the skill and my friends probably wont play/bet me if the table is too difficult.

Thanks for all the help!

I am looking at a gc iv and was wondering if the GC4 had a factory tournament edition, or did this start with the GC5? If it was an option on a GC4, how was it different, besides tighter pockets with subrail extensions?

Also, if a GC4 Tournament Edition did exist, did the tournament edition only come with the Brunswick decals on the side or could you get it ordered without?

Last Question:

Is it hard to widen the pockets (shimmed or with a subrail extension)? I do not want 4.5" pockets because I do not have the skill and my friends probably wont play/bet me if the table is too difficult.

Thanks for all the help!

I am not aware of a GC4 tournament addition. I believe that started with the V and continues with the VI. Standard GC came with 5” pockets so if you buy a stock GC4 you should be good to go. You can always tighten them later if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

jesusmowsmylawn

Registered
Thanks for the quick reply.

I have not seen the table yet I am going to look at it tomorrow, but I was told that the pockets have been tightened. I was just wondering if you could un-shim the pockets? The person selling it is not the original owner and he doesn't know much.

I have not seen the table yet I am going to look at it tomorrow, but I was told that the pockets have been tightened. I was just wondering if you could un-shim the pockets? The person selling it is not the original owner and he doesn't know much.

I am sure you could but I personally wouldn’t. It’s a significant cost to get them done. Most would welcome them being 4.5. Although I understand your reasoning behind not wanting them that tight, I would recommend playing with them at 4.5 before removing the extensions. Someone might even swap rails with you. They are interchangeable.

jesusmowsmylawn

Registered
I am sure you could but I personally wouldn’t. It’s a significant cost to get them done. Most would welcome them being 4.5. Although I understand your reasoning behind not wanting them that tight, I would recommend playing with them at 4.5 before removing the extensions. Someone might even swap rails with you. They are interchangeable.

Thanks! I do see your point about trying out the tighter pockets, house advantage ;) :thumbup:

Does the community concur about the non-existence of a Tournament Edition Gold Crown IV?

Sorry to second guess, but I am just making sure. :embarrassed2:

Thanks! I do see your point about trying out the tighter pockets, house advantage ;) :thumbup:

Does the community concur about the non-existence of a Tournament Edition Gold Crown IV?

Sorry to second guess, but I am just making sure. :embarrassed2:

All good. I am sure someone will chime in but, I am pretty sure I am correct.

d_day

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If it was done the proper way, it would be difficult. If it was done by adding pocket facings then opening them back up would be quite easy.

flyvirginiaguy

Classic Cue Lover
Silver Member
Here is my Gold Crown IV with factory tighter pockets and logos. So, yes Brunswick offered this regardless what name you want to go by (tournament edition, limited edition, etc...). I had the regular GC IV before this one and the pockets were buckets. Much prefer playing on this one.

0OKO6W8.jpg

Last edited: