Are joint diameters standardized?

LocalArtist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got a new Bob Frey sneaky and it plays so super different than all my other cues. I'm a lifetime solid maple shaft player but this one just has tons of deflection and my game has not adjusted yet. I shot with a Samsara true shaft a few weeks ago and it turned my world upside down. When I would aim with the true shaft the cue ball went where I wanted it to go, and it felt super solid. (disclamer- the true shaft was not on my cue and it didn't have the same joint as my Frey).

An out of state buddy has a Samsara true shaft that they are willing to part with that fits the pin in my Frey.

So here are my questions, Samsara doesn't list many specs on their website and I was wondering if the shaft collar will match up nicely to the joint or is there going to be a noticible edge at the joint. Are all aftermarket shafts made to the same diameter at the collar? Do most cuemakers try to keep their joints a standard size?

If the shaft is larger than the butt then I'll just turn it down but if not it'll drive me crazy.

aphelps1

Phelps Custom Cues
Silver Member
Joint sizes are not standardized from maker to maker.

Alan

Phelps Custom Cues