AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Other than being able to reach certain shots, what do the long cues
do. They are heavier, but any cue can be made to weigh as much as
you want. I don't understand why having two feet of cue behind your
hand could help. I have never tried one but if it works and you play
better with it, it doesn't matter why. It just doesn't make sense to
me. Is the extension deal just so it can go it the case. If not, and
you play with it that long and heavy all the time, why not even split.
I guess I'll just have to borrow one from DEANOC and try it out. He
says they are the nuts, but he sells them before I even have a chance
to borrow them. From now own I want all of DEANOC's cues shipped
directly to me, and when I'm through borrowing them I will send them
to DEANOC. DO ALL OF YOU CUE MAKERS UNDERSTAND. Directly to me.
jack

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Settle down jackpot
i got my new JC today

afteri experiment with it and another one ,
iwill have it ready for your testing along with a box of rare Bob Dylan books and records and Joan Baez

it will all be in the box labeled free stuff

Jack has agreed to test all of my cues at no charge and has a legitimate beef

Ever since jack made that timely 3 foot putt with my money on him,,he has been
on my highly favored list

It is funny how much it means to a fellow when his partner saves his bacon

Lest you get the idea that Jack is allways helful,i will tell you the time he had me disguised as a banker to play on the company baseball team when the championship game was played,and how he made me wear a size small uniform and how he made me play right field when he really needed a short stop,

No sir,Jack thought his present shortstop was a jim dandy,the guy made 5 throwing errors and we lost the game to say nothing of a healthy side bet

yes sir,then there was the time i played Pete Glenn the pool hustler and Jack quit because he said I couldn't win.No confidence in his friend.I hate to tell you how my feelings hurt for weeks.
Especially when i had to pay the sizable bet off.

I might have won if Jack had shown some heart,but now we will never know will we..

Some of these stories go back for 61 years when Jack was known to you as "Oak Cliff Shorty"

when he was still in Jr high school,he forgets how it was me that let him use my ID to get in the pool room when you had to be 18 to enter

this is the same JackPotter the cue maker who made Libra cues and wouldn't give me a free cue,no siree he had some lame excuse about company policy requiring me to make a spot shot to prove I was Libra quality,said people might not think the cues were good if they saw me playing with one

I have feelings you know

And if Jack hadn't beat Danny Matthews for some $25000 or so,I might remember those slights,but because he bailed me out that one time,and maybe a few others, I am willing to overlook some of those slights and loan him my long cue

In fact I might still be willing to place a medium size bet on jack,if he will quit riding that rice burner motorbike and come to the pool room and act right

Yes it was me that got Jack an order for 200 cues from Richard Akimoto at Hiwaiian Brians pool room when he first got started,only to have Jack decline because he wanted to make 1 of a kind originals., cue makers are sometimes hard to understand

Dean

Last edited:

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jack every time some one gets a new toy they play better for a short time, then slowly fall right back to there
Old speed.
I tried these long cues for a short time and must say that I did play better 9 an 10 ball but my bank game
And my 1pocket suffered.
I think in 9 ball I played better cause I was letting my stroke out, but what do I know.

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
Is it easier to hit a pool shot with a mini cue or javelin?

Ask:
Jayson Shaw
SVB
Earl Strickland

J SCHWARZ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't remember word for word how it was explained but the gist of the conversation was that a longer heavier cue helps put more energy or tranfers more momentum to the object ball. The extra momentum makes the object ball drop more on alot of shots that would stand up in the pocket. You can achieve the same results with a shorter lighter cue, you just have to have a lot more pure stroke and better timing.

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Long cue makes further shots easier and more accurate. What flys better and straighter through the air, an arrow 3 inches long or an arrow 32 inches long :thumbup:

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
okay

Long cue makes further shots easier and more accurate. What flys better and straighter through the air, an arrow 3 inches long or an arrow 32 inches long :thumbup:

So the longer the better. Do you increase your bridge 8" or 10" or is
the extra length behind your other hand. Is there a cut off when this
stops working or are 10' or longer cues the thing of the future. I'll
have to stand on a chair to chalk mine.
jack

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good question grasshopper
when you can snatch the pebble from my hand you will

be ready for the mysteries of the long cue

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hmm

Why did it take hundreds of years before anyone discovered this
phenomenon. There are sure a lot of people on here that act like
it is such common knowledge that I must be a complete idiot for
even raising the question. Wow Jack you dummy which flies straighter
a 3'' arrow or a 33" one. Well did all of the geniuses know it all along but
were just keeping this great secret to themselves, only using their
6 or 8 ft cues when no one was watching, just bidding their time, to
spring it on us. If I was DEANOC I would watch my back because before
he got on here raving about these big boys it was only spoken of in
hushed tones by the few in the know. Boy do I feel silly having watched
archery and javelin contests and seeing all of these guys with 3"
arrows and javelins getting barbecued and not even figuring it out.
No more, I know it now baby. I'll just look at anyone dumb enough
to ask and say "well which do you think flies straighter a pole valuting
pole or a aglet".
intheknow jack

Saturated Fats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Other than being able to reach certain shots, what do the long cues
do. They are heavier, but any cue can be made to weigh as much as
you want. I don't understand why having two feet of cue behind your
hand could help. I have never tried one but if it works and you play
better with it, it doesn't matter why. It just doesn't make sense to
me. Is the extension deal just so it can go it the case. If not, and
you play with it that long and heavy all the time, why not even split.
I guess I'll just have to borrow one from DEANOC and try it out. He
says they are the nuts, but he sells them before I even have a chance
to borrow them. From now own I want all of DEANOC's cues shipped
directly to me, and when I'm through borrowing them I will send them
to DEANOC. DO ALL OF YOU CUE MAKERS UNDERSTAND. Directly to me.
jack

First of all, longer does not necessarily mean heavier. I have a 6" extension made of plastic rather than wood. After removing the original weight bolt, the extended cue weighs 19.5 oz. The extension was made for me by Rolando Aravena at Strokers in Palm Harbor, FL and he made it to screw into the rubber bumper threads in the butt of the cue. Then the original bumper is used for the extension. With this mounting method, there's no extra weight for something to screw the extension into.

The pluses are that you can more easily reach more shots without using a bridge and without changing the weight of your playing cue by slipping on a temporary extension for just that one shot. You get to use the cue that you are used to. BTW these shots come up just about every rack or two. Of course extensions will fit almost any standard case while longer butts and shafts require special cases.

The only minus that I'm aware of is that certain tables may not have enough room in some situations when the CB is near the near rail. I'm usually successful at avoiding those tables.

noMoreSchon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The only minus that I'm aware of is that certain tables may not have enough room in some situations when the CB is near the near rail. I'm usually successful at avoiding those tables.[/QUOTE said:
Well that dream is out the window for me, I now have the perfect amount of space from wall

to table in the basement. If I add any to my cue it will be wall hooked from here on out.

Guess I have to get a bigger house next time:angry::angry::angry:

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I build cues

And for a few they request a longer cue to help reach long shots. But by far the longer cue is requested because of the back swing on the stroke. Guys that are 6 5 or have really long arms have to hold a 58 inch cue right at the butt to have a full swing with out pulling the tip of the cue behind the bridge hand.

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member
And for a few they request a longer cue to help reach long shots. But by far the longer cue is requested because of the back swing on the stroke. Guys that are 6 5 or have really long arms have to hold a 58 inch cue right at the butt to have a full swing with out pulling the tip of the cue behind the bridge hand.

Exactly this. I play with a 60" cues so I can use proper form on a larger percentage of shots.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lets mark that one for the leave things as they are
without even considering reason or scientific examination

(in other words try one out,experimenting)

Shane,Earl,Shaw.and Campbell are all playing their best after switching but

the Smashmouth informs us he can not see any reason

That settles is for science,a hypothesis is all we need from here on out
no need foe control and experimental groups or testing necessary

Pools contribution to science is overwhelming and final

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Exactly this. I play with a 60" cues so I can use proper form on a larger percentage of shots.

That makes two of us. I would have my pinky finger hanging off the butt some times. Just got a 4" extension yesterday and so far I really like it.

Side note: One thing I may NEVER understand is how some people can spend thousands of dollars on a custom cue, case, table time, etc. and then not spend a few dollars on a product that could help them out. You know the guys, they start threads about some chalk that costs $10 asking for the pros and cons. They'll make threads, read responses, form their own replies, go on and on trying to get someone to convince them to use it when all they had to do was spend $10 and try it out for themselves.

Revlucjl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Problem solved

The only minus that I'm aware of is that certain tables may not have enough room in some situations when the CB is near the near rail. I'm usually successful at avoiding those tables.[/QUOTE]

Well that dream is out the window for me, I now have the perfect amount of space from wall

to table in the basement. If I add any to my cue it will be wall hooked from here on out.

Guess I have to get a bigger house next time

Problem solved.
Instead of a larger room for you table, buy a smaller table. the smaller the better. A super long cue on a super small table, you should be a killer shooter.
You'll be confined to shooting with less balls though. Maybe play 3 ball. You should run out everytime.

jackpot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well okay then, I give

lets mark that one for the leave things as they are
without even considering reason or scientific examination

(in other words try one out,experimenting)

Shane,Earl,Shaw.and Campbell are all playing their best after switching
---------
If Campbell is playing better that's good enough for me. I haven't been
able to try one. I have seen a couple of people with them but if I
approach them they just make growling noises and shoo me away. So
alas, I will have to wait until I can borrow one from DEANOC, and I
fear that day may never come. WAIT I see I have an unread private
message. Could it be from DEANOC saying he is sending me a long cue
to borrow ?
keepingmyfingerscrossed jack