March 20-22 US Open Bank Championship

CSI Media

CueSports International
Silver Member
The 2018 US Open Bank Championship will be Mar. 20-22 at Griff's in Las Vegas!

Don't miss this great event! Field limited to 48 players!

For information, entry forms or to register online, go to http://www.playcsipool.com/2018-us-open-bank-pool.html

2018_us_open_bank_pool_flyer.png

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honestly I have not enjoyed tournaments very much in the past
However I know how Mark Griffin treats his patrons
I fully expect everyone who attends this tournament to enjoy themselves much more than they usually do

I know mark has some special benefits planned for our entertainment

Exhibitions or something close
opportunities to see ,meet ,learn etc

Other than the fact tha mark won't be staking my play in the tournament
he has done everything else right

It is my opinion that mark Griffin is the future of professional pool

Enter the tournament or just go to watch eat drink and enjoy yourself

I guarantee you will go home glad you were there

Of course there is no financial guarantee,I am more or less running
my mouth

jschaefer

Registered
open?

how is an "open" tournament limited to 48 entries? open at derby had over 400.
interesting policy from a promoter.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
how is an "open" tournament limited to 48 entries? open at derby had over 400.
interesting policy from a promoter.

How big do you think Griffs is? Lol

You do realize people play in the Derby banks so their entry the rest of the week is free? How many tables at the derby?

Every "open" event is limited to a number
Jason

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What’s the race/format? Didn’t see it on the site either.

If it hasn't changed since the initial announcement, here you go:

http://www.playcsipool.com/uploads/7/3/5/9/7359673/_170901__usopenonepocketbanks.pdf

"The 2018 US Open Bank Pool Championships will begin Tuesday, Mar. 20. It will be a short-rack
format using a 9-ball rack, double-elimination. The race will be to four on the winner’s side and
to three on the loser’s side. The finals will be a single race to 5. The entry fee is $240, which
includes a $25 administration fee and a $15 green fee. A minimum of $2,500 will be added. If
the field reaches 48, $5,000 will be added.
The 2018 US Open One Pocket Championships begins at 6 p.m. Thursday, Mar. 22, as the Bank
Pool Championship draws to a close. It will be double elimination, race to 4 on the winner’s side
and a race to 3 on the loser’s side. The finals will be a single race to 5. The entry fee is $350,
which includes a $25 administration fee and a $25 green fee. $5,000 will be added."

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Call me crazy, but I just signed up for both! I'm dead out of stroke right now, having played very little in the last year due to bursitis in my arms and shoulders. I'm doing better now thanks to some meds I've been taking, and I know that if I commit to playing it would give me a reason to work hard at my game. No commitment and it's easy to put that off.

I will go in expecting very little other than to have fun and enjoying the chance to play again. It's been a long time for me out of competition entirely. The last tournament I played in was three years ago at the Swanee in San Diego, where I finished in the money. That would be my goal next month as well, just to cash. Here we go, a pool player once more. :)

Dimeball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Call me crazy, but I just signed up for both! I'm dead out of stroke right now, having played very little in the last year due to bursitis in my arms and shoulders. I'm doing better now thanks to some meds I've been taking, and I know that if I commit to playing it would give me a reason to work hard at my game. No commitment and it's easy to put that off.

I will go in expecting very little other than to have fun and enjoying the chance to play again. It's been a long time for me out of competition entirely. The last tournament I played in was three years ago at the Swanee in San Diego, where I finished in the money. That would be my goal next month as well, just to cash. Here we go, a pool player once more. :)
Go get em Jay!