Clovis, New Mexico, Remember the pool halls?

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
There were two side by side, one run by a Mexican guy, Bennie with coke bottle glasses. Both had 4-5 10' snooker tables and one lonely 9' pool table way in the back. That table only saw use from the Air Force guys that would venture in. Snooker was $.25 a rack. When the game was over, we'd yell "Rack" and Jack Box (retarded fellow) would come over and rack the balls for us. With 3 or more players, we'd play the 6 ball wild. My record as a teenager was 96 points on the wild six. We also played a lot of golf back then. Dr. Peppers with peanuts poured in.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
There were two side by side, one run by a Mexican guy, Bennie with coke bottle glasses. Both had 4-5 10' snooker tables and one lonely 9' pool table way in the back. That table only saw use from the Air Force guys that would venture in. Snooker was $.25 a rack. When the game was over, we'd yell "Rack" and Jack Box (retarded fellow) would come over and rack the balls for us. With 3 or more players, we'd play the 6 ball wild. My record as a teenager was 96 points on the wild six. We also played a lot of golf back then. Dr. Peppers with peanuts poured in.

Nope, I'm the only one. Oh, the horrors of being from the sticks!

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
I've been to Clovis, NM but I don't think I played pool yet. I was pretty young.

From Clovis east into Texas, all the pool halls had only snooker tables. Funny, how that got started.