Mezz WX700 kamui tip vs Ki Tech tip

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have both (one on each of 2 shafts) that I let everyone hit with.. Everyone... Everyone, myself included prefers the Ki-tech... Mine is medium as well... Love it...

You could play a couple of days with the kami... Then switch...

Randy

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered a Mezz EC7-WKK today.

http://www.miki-mezz.com/en/product...l&cate=cues&series=ec7&item=wkk&kinds=playcue

It comes with a Kamui medium but I have 4 Ki tech medium tips. Should I just leave the Kamui tip on it or have the Ki Tech put on at the shop when it comes in. The shop is not close so its not like I can just swap them back and forth.

This is entirely up to you, we can only say what WE like not what you do. Did you already use the KiTech tips and like them and don't want to use the Kamui? Then swap it out. Do you want to try the Kamui? Then leave it.

I don't even like tips over a Soft so I would tell you to swap both out for Softs :)

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have both (one on each of 2 shafts) that I let everyone hit with.. Everyone... Everyone, myself included prefers the Ki-tech... Mine is medium as well... Love it...

You could play a couple of days with the kami... Then switch...

Randy

What does everyone say is the reason they like the ki tech better?

This is entirely up to you, we can only say what WE like not what you do. Did you already use the KiTech tips and like them and don't want to use the Kamui? Then swap it out. Do you want to try the Kamui? Then leave it.

I don't even like tips over a Soft so I would tell you to swap both out for Softs :)

I actually had someone try to install one of the Ki Techs but he botched it so I never got to try it. I have also never tried a Kamui tip. There is no one here that has a lathe so if I want it done right I have to take the shaft to Manila which is a pain. It will be easier to just leave the Kamui on it or have the Ki Tech put on when the dealer gets the cue in.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member

+1 on the softs

suharsh

Registered
I recently bought a Mezz shaft and it came with Kamui (note that it is the brown medium). I have ki-tech soft on two other shafts (non-Mezz) and I know for sure I will prefer Ki-Tech over the medium brown. I am using the Mezz shaft with Kamui brown just because it came with it. Planning to change it.

Now if the Mezz had come with Kamui black S or SS, I might have kept it till I used up the tip and then next one would be ki-tech.

Mezz'd up

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats New2cue! I always wanted that exact cue - but never got around to ordering one.

I have some Ki tech tips on the way to me right now, can't wait until they arrive.

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats New2cue! I always wanted that exact cue - but never got around to ordering one.

I have some Ki tech tips on the way to me right now, can't wait until they arrive.

Let me know what you put them on and what you think. I have about a month before my cue gets here.

Sedog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try the Kamui and when it starts glazing over change to the Ki-Tech. I have used both and liked Kamui (black) until they started glazing. Love the Ki-Tech (soft) but installation is not easy . Will try the medium next. Good luck!

I Got Lucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try the Kamui and when it starts glazing over change to the Ki-Tech. I have used both and liked Kamui (black) until they started glazing. Love the Ki-Tech (soft) but installation is not easy . Will try the medium next. Good luck!

How long before the Kamui starts to glaze over?