Any help appreciated fellas

Attachments

• IMG_1538.jpg
    IMG_1538.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 433

kiddcutty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry I'm in the process of buying this titlist and only have pictures that the seller is providing.

Attachments

• 621988-1422547980-904654.jpg
    621988-1422547980-904654.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 400
  • 621988-1422548016-474780.jpg
    621988-1422548016-474780.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 410

kiddcutty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also this thing is in almost perfect condition. Like pristine. Any idea of the value of these Japanese titlist?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Maybe around $300. Some are better than others. Tough call on the wood. To me it does look like East Indian rosewood in the last couple of pics, especially the points. Brazilian rosewood usually has darker striations and a little more contrast/definition. Below are typical pics of both:

Attachments

• brazilian Capture.JPG
    brazilian Capture.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 393
  • east indian Capture .JPG
    east indian Capture .JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 308
Last edited:

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Maybe around $300. Some are better than others. To me it does look like East Indian rosewood in the last couple of pics. Brazilian rosewood usually has darker striations and a little more contrast/definition. Below are typical pics of both:

Less than 3, the really good old ones with ivory rings are barely hitting 300.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
so you understand you arent buying a titlest but a Japanese import of one.

kiddcutty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so you understand you arent buying a titlest but a Japanese import of one.

I understand that Brunswick moved its production to Japan in there later years. Does this not make it a titlist? Are they still full splice? I can't remember where but I think I read that the quality was very good on these. Am I mistaken? Hanks for all the info guys :thumbup:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I understand that Brunswick moved its production to Japan in there later years. Does this not make it a titlist? Are they still full splice? I can't remember where but I think I read that the quality was very good on these. Am I mistaken? Hanks for all the info guys :thumbup:

They outsourced production to existing cue companies in the 1970's including Adam Japan, who made this one. I would say quality is very good and yes it would be a full splice.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Where - cause I'm going there?

Dale

Ebay, they only go higher if they are ebony or BRW. I bought one in mint condition minus a sticker with an extra custom shaft made for it for 300 even.

The rest typically go for 300-320