The Hustlers: Season 1 Episode 8-July 3, 2015 Thread

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Season 1, Episode 8
Doubles Trouble

First Aired: July 3, 2015
The girls challenge the guys in a double match at Emily's party. Elsewhere, Amy visits a voodoo shop in search of some outside help for Ross.
Watch Soon

FRIDAYJUL 3 10:00PMTRUTV
SATURDAYJUL 4 2:01AMTRUTV
SUNDAYJUL 5. 12:00PMTRUTV

Time to get the tail-gate party started.....
SHOWTIME in 4 hours.

With a week off, the show is about to go into its final three episodes of the first season.
Who else is looking forward to it?
Any predictions on what the top five will be by episode 10?

WoodyMPW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh my god. I'm watching and in one shot the 4 ball is in one place, but then in the next it's in a totally different place. This whole thing must be a sham!!!!

Kidding. Is that Mikey with the red solo cup?

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That table was super tight. The side pockets looked less than 4"
Emily and smiley shot great.
Can't believe Jarrod scratched there.

Pryme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks sick, anyone know where I can watch this online, i dont have cable.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey it's not what I'd like to see because of the title name I still find it entertaining and that is the goal ,, I think it's important to see the show for what it is and that is
I think in some aspects the camera work is to good ,, if anyone ever saw Blair Witch the way it was filmed to make it look real , I think that style of filming would realy suit this show better and make it seem more real and not a production
I look forward to seeing the road match I know Matt actualy stumbled into beating him once and Adam is a fine player who's team knocked us out at the masters in Vegas I know he's beat Hopkins in a one pocket match I doubt he loses to anyone other than Mike ,, Should be a good show

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey it's not what I'd like to see because of the title name I still find it entertaining and that is the goal ,, I think it's important to see the show for what it is and that is
I think in some aspects the camera work is to good ,, if anyone ever saw Blair Witch the way it was filmed to make it look real , I think that style of filming would realy suit this show better and make it seem more real and not a production
I look forward to seeing the road match I know Matt actualy stumbled into beating him once and Adam is a fine player who's team knocked us out at the masters in Vegas I know he's beat Hopkins in a one pocket match I doubt he loses to anyone other than Mike ,, Should be a good show

I'm all aboard for that road trip too. Mike vs Krah should be good to see.
The only problem is if team Steinway gets a little liquored up on the way down. They might not be as focused as they could.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I'm all aboard for that road trip too. Mike vs Krah should be good to see.
The only problem is if team Steinway gets a little liquored up on the way down. They might not be as focused as they could.
I've seen Adam Kielar play a few times too and plays pretty damn good. Him playing Jarrod should be a good match too.

Texdance

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got to the episode forty minutes into the show, just as Ross was running out the last few racks of his match and beating Jarrod easily, no drama at all, well, maybe a little help from Amazing Amy and her $5.98 can of Aerosol Voo Doo.

I am enjoying this show this more and more, especially when they go to slo-mo and explain difficult shots. Twice in the last match between Dechaine and Gregg they did a slo-mo demo, each time was a fine shot by Mike who first pulled off a jump shot with the cue very close to an interfering ball, and the second shot Mike made a sort of jump-masse and again pocketed his OB as intended. Then the producers tried to give Gregg a chance to show off his jump skills, but he didn't have any - jump skills, that is. He poked at the cue ball and drove it right into the object ball blocker, giving Dechaine BIH and another out.

In the last segment Mike Dechaine steamrollered Gregg 9-3 to put himself into the fourth position on The List. The other players were all whining 'we knew this was gonna happen when they put Mike on The List boo hoo hoo" but in reality they were thinking "hey, how good are we, Gregg avoided a shutout and even won three against a champion like Mike Dechaine, whoo hooo, Pool R Us."

So then they make a plan for the next episode - head out to another pool hall to play some guys there, something about needing to win 4 out of 5 matches. The players are Finnegan as backer, Mike, Jarrod, Scotty, Jennifer and Gregg to play. It will be a short Road Trip, and the gang's taking a Party Bus, so they will have a ball whether they win or lose.

Whatever else is happening on this show, the Steinway crew is showing some spirit.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Yes, the pockets at Castle Billiards are tight. This isn't uncommon situation at Castle.

That table was super tight. The side pockets looked less than 4"
Emily and smiley shot great.
Can't believe Jarrod scratched there.

Attachments

• Photo Sep 20, 12 51 03 AM.jpg
    Photo Sep 20, 12 51 03 AM.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 677
Last edited:

rivercitysledge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh my god. I'm watching and in one shot the 4 ball is in one place, but then in the next it's in a totally different place. This whole thing must be a sham!!!!

Kidding. Is that Mikey with the red solo cup?

I will support it because is pool but the ball placement is getting worse and worse each wEek

MDSPHOTO

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched it for the first time last night and enjoyed it. Though what was up with the pink 4 ball?

BobTfromIL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched it for the first time last night and enjoyed it. Though what was up with the pink 4 ball?

Pink 4 is from a set of Aramith TV balls, didn't really notice if the 7 was brown.
Show was ok last night, more pool than drama, really makes me look forward to watching the next real pool stream.