Molinari Gloves

oldplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
saw the advertisement during the "Ginky Memorial" tournament this weekend. anybody use one of these? how does it compare to what we already have here in the usa? I just changed from a predator glove (quality seemed to have dropped significantly over the past year) to a "Longoni glove". it is a little pricey ($28) but far and away better quality than other choices. the Molinari glove is half that price but I can't seem to find it available in the usa?????? why would they advertise if not available here in usa? how does it compare in quality to the longoni?

oldplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks for the link but this is a European source and shipping would probably be prohibitive.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
They are virtually the same as IBS gloves. They are the ones with the tip of the fingers chopped off, which is nice but the thumb one shouldn't be. IBS is a terrible name by the way.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
saw the advertisement during the "Ginky Memorial" tournament this weekend. anybody use one of these? how does it compare to what we already have here in the usa? I just changed from a predator glove (quality seemed to have dropped significantly over the past year) to a "Longoni glove". it is a little pricey ($28) but far and away better quality than other choices. the Molinari glove is half that price but I can't seem to find it available in the usa?????? why would they advertise if not available here in usa? how does it compare in quality to the longoni?

It appears Predator makes their "equipment"; cues, chalk, gloves, etc. Thus, probably not a big diff between their gloves, I suspect, other than color.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
A buddy of mine picked me up one at SBE, and i love it.

I dont wear a glove often, only at times when the humidity is real bad.

i find that my hands do not sweat much inside the glove, it is real light weight and breathes well.

i havent owned it long it enough, or worn it long enough to say that it lasts longer than other gloves.

for the price you really cant beat it.

I am a big fan of the IBC glove as well

-Steve

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Huge difference between there gloves and predator. Some of there stuff is a copy but they aren't. Very form fitting and made to last.

Here's the only American company to sell mollinari items. I met them at the expo. They're good guys.

http://www.3cushioncues.com

They also have the extensions at different sizes that work with all predator cues and honestly the cases are a steal. They are built really well and very nice.

The Kiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL after watching the Ginky memorial on the stream someone was raving about the glove I tried to find one for sale. I ordered a longoni or whatever the name is. Been using Sir Josephs with the finger tips cut off but they unravel quickly

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
V1 vs V2

Does anyone know the exact difference between the two gloves? Molinari V1 & Molinari V2.

Thanks,
JoeyA

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

In my opinion the Longoni (forgot the name of the most expensive one, cyan) is one of the best gloves out there.
Kamui is very good too. Both are in first and second place with no specific preference.
However the Longoni I'm talking about is double stitched and has stitches on both sides of the finger.

The Molinari has the stitch for each finger tucked in between the fingers and I for one find it very uncomfortable.
Compared that to the Longoni that has two two stitches on both sides of each finger. That's four per finger.

My fingers fit the Longoni just perfectly and I can wear them all day without sweating or feeling tired from the glove being too tight.
Which is something I always feel with the Molinari because they come on ONE size fits all!!!!! Which I find very very lame.

Also the Longoni AND the Kamui both have suede in the palm whereas the Molinari has rubber that - for me - wears out and is gone in a matter of six months max. Then I have to get more.

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know the exact difference between the two gloves? Molinari V1 & Molinari V2.

Thanks,
JoeyA

"The NEW and IMPROVED Molinari glove features enhanced stitching to increase durability and a non-slip grip on the palm."

I have used the v1 over the last 2 years and haven't seen a v2 yet, but it is my understanding they made the palm rest a little larger and greatly improved the stitching.

The v2 also comes in many other colors as the v1 was only in black and cyan.

JC

Coos Cues
I tried one. The stitches came out on the side of the index finger creating a hole on the side of my finger. Then after about a year of sporadic use the phony leather like crap on the palm started deteriorating and crumbling leaving black crumbs on the table.

Most of the playing I do is at home and I use predator gloves there which don't last long. This glove was kept in my case and only used when playing outside which wasn't much really. League and a few tourneys here and there.

I threw the piece of shit in the trash and will never buy another. If that's the best there is then there's an unfilled market for someone to run with if there is ever a good quality glove to be made.

Your mileage may vary

JC

Coop1701

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have tried several gloves. Just ordered a Molinari Glove. Came yesterday. Can't wait to try it. I have used Predator and Kamui. Predator started coming apart after about 3 week. Kamui has lasted awhile. It's by far a great made Glove. My new Molinari I tried in. Feels great but I am not a fan of the one size fits all. Very loose around the wrist. I play pool 5 days next week. So I will be able to give you a better review at the end of the week.

PocketSpeed11

AzB Long Member
Silver Member
Just got a Molinari glove in the mail yesterday. Just a warning...one size definitely does not fit all. Thing was cutting off blood circulation big time. Waste of money. Ended up ordering an xl kamui.

JoeyA

Silver Member
Just got a Molinari glove in the mail yesterday. Just a warning...one size definitely does not fit all. Thing was cutting off blood circulation big time. Waste of money. Ended up ordering an xl kamui.

Send me your Molinari. Yeah, it's a little tight on my hand as well. I can't imagine someone with larger hands than me using a Molinari glove.

JoeyA

PocketSpeed11

AzB Long Member
Silver Member
Send me your Molinari. Yeah, it's a little tight on my hand as well. I can't imagine someone with larger hands than me using a Molinari glove.

JoeyA

My hand is within an 1/8th of an inch of being beyond the recommended size range for the kamui xl. Even the xl latex gloves in chemistry class would constrict my blood flow a bit...stupid of me to think the Molinari glove would actually be comfortable.

If you'd really be interested in the glove, PM your address. I only have a large letter envelopes, but glove is super light and fits in it comfortably. I couldn't imagine the glove weighs more than an ounce, but I'm sure 2 of my Forever stamps will guarantee it gets to you.

Last edited:

JoeyA

Silver Member
Thanks, I appreciate it. I was primarily joking. I still have a couple of gloves that are still in good shape.

FWIW, a really top player suggested that a tight-fitting glove is the best glove. IDK, but I sure don't want them loose on my hand.

JoeyA

My hand is within an 1/8th of an inch of being beyond the recommended size range for the kamui xl. Even the xl latex gloves in chemistry class would constrict my blood flow a bit...stupid of me to think the Molinari glove would actually be comfortable.

If you'd really be interested in the glove, PM your address. I only have a large letter envelopes, but glove is super light and fits in it comfortably. I couldn't imagine the glove weighs more than an ounce, but I'm sure 2 of my Forever stamps will guarantee it gets to you.