Beginning Player Working On CTE

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Watch more of Stan's videos. He has a shot very similar to this that he cuts in the corner, then banks it into several pockets.

Thanks, I'll try to find it. No doubt Stan is a very good player even before CTE. Even if the 9 ball were not blocking the pocket, being able to cut the ball cross table makes the shape on the 8 ball like falling off a log whereas the near straight in and force follow with inside to get down to the table and to the right of the 8 ball has to be hit at almost break speed and that can easily cause a miss.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
When an obscure amateur guitar player writes a manual on how to play pool and tries to sell it, I get very skeptical about his/her skills. Maybe that guitar player should stick to going from the simple C to A-minor to F to G and leave the pool shooting instructions to real pool players. ??
Just my opinion as usual.

This quote is another fine example of ignorance in action. An amateur musician does not get paid to perform. A professional musician does get paid to perform. I get paid.

And Poolology is not a book about how to play pool. It's a book that offers a solid method of aiming for players that would like to be more consistent at pocketing balls.

Your time would be much better spent purchasing and studying both of Mr. Shuffett's CTE DVDs, as he has stated that his book will be published when the remaining stock of DVDs are sold. These ignorant shots at Poolology really don't help achieve that goal. Support the cause and do something constructive.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have proven to be unqualified to speak about anything other than your own CTE experience. Your Mosconi "fractional aiming" bit was complete bogus, as Mosconi was an advocate of contact point aiming, not fractions. And if you expect players to believe that you latched onto CTE quick and simple within a week after watching a few videos, the same videos that many others have struggled with for months and years, well.... I'd have to say that's bogus also, especially when so many proficient CTE users right here in this forum have stated that it takes time to get it all working and tuned up. You act like 15, 30, 45, and 60 are all you need, but you'd be missing a lot of shots without fine tuning those angles thick or thin as needed. I've had the 1st CTE DVD and watched all the youtube clips multiple times. I'm not as ignorant on the subject as you are with Poolology, yet you still pretend to know it all.

While i think i can agree with your assessment of Low500, i have to say something about your belief that "many others" have struggled with CTE videos. There has only been about 10 negative posters on here of which 9 wouldn't know anything about CTE if it hit them in the head. There have been several theories on CTE by non learners and non users but just because they posted them on AZ doesn't make them true.
You say you have the first dvd and have watched you tube videos, and you've probably tried some shots here and there. That doesn't qualify you though as it does normally take time to learn properly and it's been stated that an important step is to let go of the ways you always aimed and be open to how to do it like Stan describes. Highly doubtful someone writing a book on a different system and promoting such book spent very much time on actually learning CTE.

PS I really object to to phrase "many others" as i don't know of a single person who has thoroughly learned CTE then quit using it. "Many others" just describes the normal forum internet trolls IMO

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
While i think i can agree with your assessment of Low500, i have to say something about your belief that "many others" have struggled with CTE videos. There has only been about 10 negative posters on here of which 9 wouldn't know anything about CTE if it hit them in the head. There have been several theories on CTE by non learners and non users but just because they posted them on AZ doesn't make them true.
You say you have the first dvd and have watched you tube videos, and you've probably tried some shots here and there. That doesn't qualify you though as it does normally take time to learn properly and it's been stated that an important step is to let go of the ways you always aimed and be open to how to do it like Stan describes. Highly doubtful someone writing a book on a different system and promoting such book spent very much time on actually learning CTE.

PS I really object to to phrase "many others" as i don't know of a single person who has thoroughly learned CTE then quit using it. "Many others" just describes the normal forum internet trolls IMO

I should clarify that many have taken the time and put the effort to learn CTE as Stan has instructed. Others have not. Some because it made no sense, some because they didn't want to dedicate the time needed to figure it out. I am guilty of both, I admit. I just couldn't ignore years of doing things my way. I had the dvd years ago, purchased from a friend that couldn't figure it out. I didn't invest a lot of time before selling it on eBay.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That just shows how good One pocket players are. That is a tough shot for me, but I do practice it. Wish I had an aiming system to make it easier.

The angle could be identical sitting 6 inches from the hole. It just looks hard because it's across table.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
The angle could be identical sitting 6 inches from the hole. It just looks hard because it's across table.

You are exactly correct, but being that it is across table, that makes it hard. How many players would play it that way when the shot in the corner is so much easier to make (remove the 9 ball), even though position play is so much harder? I seldom see players take the cross table shot.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
I am a champion in the real world outside of pool. Pool is a hobby and fun past time with no potential for that kind of earnings.

Fix yourself Anthony, you have a lot of problems.

Has anyone besides yourself told you that you were awesome. What a lucky guy.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I should clarify that many have taken the time and put the effort to learn CTE as Stan has instructed. Others have not. Some because it made no sense, some because they didn't want to dedicate the time needed to figure it out. I am guilty of both, I admit. I just couldn't ignore years of doing things my way. I had the dvd years ago, purchased from a friend that couldn't figure it out. I didn't invest a lot of time before selling it on eBay.

Posts like this are rare. So rare I've never seen one like it before. Too bad it can't stand out there as a shining example for others to emulate but we know it's not going to happen.

What would happen to the attacks and attackers to continue flame war fodder for another 20 years if an admission like this was made?

I'm stunned Brian, stunned. You're an alright guy. (today) :thumbup: :rotflmao:

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are exactly correct, but being that it is across table, that makes it hard. How many players would play it that way when the shot in the corner is so much easier to make (remove the 9 ball), even though position play is so much harder? I seldom see players take the cross table shot.

But If I was playing one pocket, which is about all I play, I'd shoot it in a heartbeat to the far corner. It goes at about any speed and has a lot of options for moving the cue ball.

Last edited:

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
But If I was playing one pocket, which is about all I play, I'd shoot it in a heartbeat to the far corner. It goes at about any speed and has a lot of options for moving the cue ball.

True enough. Seems in 9-10 ball though, few would take that shot even though shape is natural. I know the almost straight in shot would be easier for me and shape a chore.