Crucible Theatre 146

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
O'Sullivan holds the high break this year, but couldn't stave off elimination.

I was happy to see it wasn't an international 146, but he was clearly a bit cavalier after potting the 11th or 12th red. Very entertaining.

https://youtu.be/dFVQ1862weU

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
Well Barry Hearn says he should have tried a double or whatever on the black. I say he he was entertaining. And then when he failed to get position, he played it to get 146.

Please feel free to share feedback. This thread has had a few lurkers.

P.S. Do you think the crowd thought the 147 was difficult ?

NO ! It was a cinch, so he tried to make it harder and failed. Barry can kiss ass or raise the value of a 147.

onepocketron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As they were talking afterwards in the studio, if they put a higher price on the 147 Ronnie would not have been smiling and walking around, he would have been very serious and did his best to get it.

High break pays more than a 147 (10K VS 5K). What does Barry expect? In a way, he was rubbing Barry's nose in it a little in my view. I've been watching snooker for a while now, and there is no one that is more exciting to watch than Ronnie, even if you don't like the guy, he plays an exciting game. It's not just his play, but it is also the pace he plays, that makes him fun to watch.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Very entertaining indeed

I really have gotten to love watching this game now this yr,
And that was hilarious when he pointed at the blue for a second

onepocketron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I finally watched the final on utube and it was kinda crazy. I purposely stayed away from any news on the event so as not to know who won. I would love to go across the water and watch in person one year, that would be great.