Which ferrule for Schmelke cue

bk-banger

Registered
Hello,

I'm about to order a Schmelke purpleheart SP and they offer three different Ferrules.

• Juma 1"
  • Juma 1/2"
  • XTC 1/2"

I've searched and the XTC has a softer hit, but am wondering if anyone has direct experience.

Thanks

Burnett Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have two shafts with the XTC and love them. I have them on the flat laminated shaft and they play a lot like a Jacoby Hybrid Edge IMO. They have less deflection than maple but feel more like maple than most LD shafts. The only thing I don't like about the shaft is the PTO stamped on them. I would rather they be plain.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Most hit in the tip

Hello,

I'm about to order a Schmelke purpleheart SP and they offer three different Ferrules.

• Juma 1"
  • Juma 1/2"
  • XTC 1/2"

I've searched and the XTC has a softer hit, but am wondering if anyone has direct experience.

Thanks

Most of the hit is in the tip. The XTC is lighter therefore will squirt less but how much less can the shaft squirt when there is barely a weight difference between the Juma 1/2 in or the XTC? Theres probably not much or any measurable difference but if youre paying for a 1/2 ferrule you might as well get the lightest. You might find other reasons later on to like or not to like the XTC ferrule. It might get dirty easy or something like that. Again most of your hit is in the tip itself and also in how the butt was constructed, the glues used, pin used and joint material.

If Im paying for a 1/2 ferrule Im going XTC on a new cue. It would be near impossible to measure the difference in playing conditions though.

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hello,

• Juma 1"
  • Juma 1/2"
  • XTC 1/2"

Thanks

Mine. ;)
j2