The SEE System

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have had the opportunity to review this system. This is the system that
Darren Appleton uses. Due to our economy, I imagine one of the first questions will be "what does it cost?" It's priced right around mid-range for DVD's, high for books, unkown level for pdf files. It does contain several film sections in it which add to it's value. While at first seeming a little high priced, when the content is considered, it is extremely low cost. Super value for the buck.

"There are a number of sections to it, some with video included. I imagine this was his first time doing something like this. There is a lot of info, and sometimes the presentation isn't as good or as clear as it could be. Sometimes it takes some effort to see just what he is getting at. There are many diagrams, and, there should have been more words with them to make the point clearer. The point can still be found, so the info is there, it's just that sometimes you have to extend more effort than you should to "get it".

There are a number of sections to it. It by no means is just an aiming system. The first section is the aiming system as Darren uses it. He makes it clear upfront that it is not for everyone, and some just don't need it. But, if you are having problems, this might just be the thing for you. The aiming system, I feel, is actually two parts combined. The one part is primarily an approach, or set up system, although in and of itself it is also an aiming system. The second aspect of it I feel is the main grit of the aiming system. I'm not sure on this, but I believe Shane V.B. also aims this way. I have recently found it out for myself, and it does work great.

The material also contains a section on banking, track lines, training exercises, Buddy Halls clock system (more in depth than I have seen before), and a few other tidbits.

For those having trouble, or wanting to learn something new, I recommend this product. It will take some time and effort on your part to understand it, and parts on the surface may not seem relevant. But, if you actually do what he says, you will then see the value in what he has presented.

To sum it up, I feel this is a nice addition to my knowledge, and that it is worth the cost plus. Could have been presented better, but gets the job done, and bottom line is, that is what we are after.

EDIT: I must edit this, as I did make a mistake. One I feel was easy to do, and he is going to correct it. Make SURE you see the video for each section BEFORE trying to make out the diagrams! I did miss one video, and it made that part very confusing and hard to understand. Once I viewed that sections video, the rest made perfect sense.

As with anything new, this will take some time to learn. But, once you have learned it, it will be very powerful in your game. This is not for those that are looking for a quick or immediate fix. You aren't going to learn it in an hour or two. It IS for those looking for a good fix, and willing to put in the work to learn it.

EDIT 2: It has now been edited, and is much more user friendly!

Last edited:

dgem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
very good job by ekkes.:smile:

I saw darren appleton here in manila wearing the patch of "see system" unfortunately i didn't had the chance to talk to him about it because he was in a match.

JAW725

Southpaw
Silver Member
I have had the opportunity to review this system. This is the system that
Darren Appleton uses. Due to our economy, I imagine one of the first questions will be "what does it cost?" It's priced right around mid-range for DVD's, high for books, unkown level for pdf files. It does contain several film sections in it which add to it's value. While at first seeming a little high priced, when the content is considered, it is extremely low cost. Super value for the buck.

"There are a number of sections to it, some with video included. I imagine this was his first time doing something like this. There is a lot of info, and sometimes the presentation isn't as good or as clear as it could be. Sometimes it takes some effort to see just what he is getting at. There are many diagrams, and, there should have been more words with them to make the point clearer. The point can still be found, so the info is there, it's just that sometimes you have to extend more effort than you should to "get it".

There are a number of sections to it. It by no means is just an aiming system. The first section is the aiming system as Darren uses it. He makes it clear upfront that it is not for everyone, and some just don't need it. But, if you are having problems, this might just be the thing for you. The aiming system, I feel, is actually two parts combined. The one part is primarily an approach, or set up system, although in and of itself it is also an aiming system. The second aspect of it I feel is the main grit of the aiming system. I'm not sure on this, but I believe Shane V.B. also aims this way. I have recently found it out for myself, and it does work great.

The material also contains a section on banking, track lines, training exercises, Buddy Halls clock system (more in depth than I have seen before), and a few other tidbits.

For those having trouble, or wanting to learn something new, I recommend this product. It will take some time and effort on your part to understand it, and parts on the surface may not seem relevant. But, if you actually do what he says, you will then see the value in what he has presented.

To sum it up, I feel this is a nice addition to my knowledge, and that it is worth the cost plus. Could have been presented better, but gets the job done, and bottom line is, that is what we are after.

Neil,

Is this system anything like CTE or Ron's 90/90 system?

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
Darren Appleton just took the first Beassy Tournament 9-Ball Title - congratulations champ!

bud_08

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the review. I always keep an open minded to instructional materials because I believe that everyone has a different view and if I can take one piece of advice that can help my mental game or help me organize a good practice session then it's worth the cash. I am considering the See System but not 100% sure yet. Once again thanks for the review.

dgem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the price of under $40 I won't hesitate to buy his product. It has a lot of information. Worth it imo.:smile:

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Neil,

I am using Hal system (as I get it) of 1/4 ball hits. Will the See System work with this (I also use Gene's Perfect Aim with it and good success)???

Pete

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I think Ekkes did a great job on this e-book. He's very detailed in regards to cue alignments and body alignments and describes each in great detail.

One thing I really liked about this e-book were the detailed videos he included. Ekkes is an easy-to-listen-to guy and has a great teaching voice. His table is clearly marked, which makes it easy to recreate his shots.

If I had to pick an existing system that is closest to the See System, I'd say it's 90/90. Ekkes has a different way of pivoting, we'll probably call it the "Ekkes Pivot." Not an air pivot and not really a mechanical pivot - it's definitely different.

There's no doubt Ekkes put a LOT of time into his e-book. For players looking to study a detailed written description of an align and pivot system, this is a great purchase and something you should have in your library.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Not sure why no one has posted a link but here is the website to order this http://www.infinite-billiards.com/en/SEE.html

Ralf understands pivot-based aiming methods intimately so I expect nothing but good things from this. I am self-constrained from talking in detail about certain aiming methods on this and other forums so I will give my review based entirely on the way the material was presented and whether it's easy to follow or not. In my mind this has been the Achilles heel of all these methods. My copy is downloading now so I will report back in a few days.

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure why no one has posted a link but here is the website to order this http://www.infinite-billiards.com/en/SEE.html

Ralf understands pivot-based aiming methods intimately so I expect nothing but good things from this. I am self-constrained from talking in detail about certain aiming methods on this and other forums so I will give my review based entirely on the way the material was presented and whether it's easy to follow or not. In my mind this has been the Achilles heel of all these methods. My copy is downloading now so I will report back in a few days.

Is this an Ebook or a real booked (shipped)? And is it a DVD or a video that you upload to your computer???

Pete

theUBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SEE-System

It is an e-book+upload video. You can print out pages to work with.
EKKES