replacing cloth

MJB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not a room owner, but I'd like to get some room owner opinions.

Some folks (including myself) grumble about the frequency that our local pool hall owner replaces the cloth on his 9' tables. He uses Simonis 860 and has eight 9' tables. I can't even remember the last time he replaced the cloth, but a conservative number would be 4-5 years.

I realize that Simonis ain't cheap and that some rooms don't roll in the cash. What's a general idea of frequency for some of you?

Crash

Pool Hall Owner
Silver Member
Depends on wear. I'd like to recover twice a year but once year is realistic.

RackemBilliards

Player, Room Owner
Silver Member
Depends on wear. I'd like to recover twice a year but once year is realistic.

Yeah, me too. When people ask, I say we usually do them every 6-8 months, but it probably works out to more like once a year. I should do them more often-I do them myself so it's cheaper- but I don't. IMO, 5 years is too long. Tell him that the increased play from the patrons enjoying the new cloth will largely pay for the recover. It's something that is hard to quantify, but there's no question that new cloth means increased play-especially after 5 years.

MJB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You guys are depressing me....I'd love to play on cloth that was even a year old. LOL

fast8ballin

The Fastes 8Baller Ever
Silver Member
Mr Cues II in Atlanta replaces their cloth on all 40 tables 3 times a year.

It's great to have owners that take care of all the players. Heck, even though they didn't have to the owners replaced all 40 Kim Steel tables in the place with new Brunswick's V's and IV's a few years ago and they are always putting new sets of balls out. On the 8 feature 9-tables all of them have new aramith super pro's with measles cue balls. I Luv Mr Cues!

I'm not a room owner, but I'd like to get some room owner opinions.

Some folks (including myself) grumble about the frequency that our local pool hall owner replaces the cloth on his 9' tables. He uses Simonis 860 and has eight 9' tables. I can't even remember the last time he replaced the cloth, but a conservative number would be 4-5 years.

I realize that Simonis ain't cheap and that some rooms don't roll in the cash. What's a general idea of frequency for some of you?

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
cloth

I have my Diamonds done with Simonis 860hr about every 10 months. Balls get replaced about every 6 months (Aramith Super Pro's) .

Last edited:

JC

Coos Cues
I have my Diamonds done with Simonis 860hr about every 10 months. Balls get replaced about every 6 months (Aramith Super Pro's) .

I will buy your 6 month old super pro's sight unseen.

Let me know when you have your next batch of worn out ones.

JC