Table cloth?

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys, give me your opinion on what cloth is best in your room?

Thanks,
Steve

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
I've seen this post sorta dangle here, and although I'm not a room owner, I can tell you that two of the bigger rooms in this area (north Alabama) have Simonis 860/860HR in tournament blue on their heavily used tables.

I have a table at home, but scoped these rooms out before deciding on my cloth at home. Theirs was in very good shape after a LOT of play.

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
Championship Tour Edition gives you more bang for your buck. Lasts longer and stays in great shape...If it were up to me, I would have all my tables in it. BUTTTTTTTTTT>>>>>

Simonis is what everyone wants. 99% of your customers can't tell the difference but reputation is everything. If you advertise Simonis then the serious players and the players who think they are serious will like it better.

rdwell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cloth

Hey Steve my table at home and most places I play have simonis but I played on a table with champion cloth I really liked it.

krbsailing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have used Championship Touring Edition 3030 for probably almost 10 years; have the new Euro Blue.....looks like Simonis but, IMO holds up better and costs less -- it's possibly a little faster :wink:

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
Simonis is what everyone wants. 99% of your customers can't tell the difference but reputation is everything. If you advertise Simonis then the serious players and the players who think they are serious will like it better.

If your customers can't tell the difference then they're not pool players. I feel there are several stark differences between them, especially speed. It's too quick & gets faster as it wears. Also grabs the ball funny, English reacts differently.

Tronpocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For a home table, might as well go with simonis. For no other reason then the name.

From a pool room business side , championship all the way.
30/30 on recreational tables, 30/20 on players tables.
It wears better. Lasts longer (with proper care) .
And Every bit Just as good if not better (imho) as simonis playing wise.

Also f w i w ,more importantly than choosing between the two, is proper installation.

219Dave

Pool is my therapy
Silver Member
Putting on new Championship 3030 cloth

I have had both 3030 on my home table and simonis 860, and agree that the 3030 seems to hold up better. I have the gold 3030 on my table now, and am putting on new cloth soon. I have teenagers who use the table with their friends. The gold fits the decor, bit wondering if a dark color will hide imperfections and stains better - thinking olive or one of the darker greens.

Second question- spoke with the championship rep, who told me that they just put out a new blue color that looks like Simonis tournament blue. Have you guys seen that yet?

Thanks for the input, and hope I'm not intruding here on the room owner's page.

Last edited:

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
What is the price difference between the Simonis and the Champion cloth. I am about to have my table set up with 860HR tournament blue Simonis.

ironsoldier71

Registered
Hey guys, give me your opinion on what cloth is best in your room?

Thanks,
Steve

I find that Simonis 860 works best. I refelt 3 tables a month all year round. WE clean the Aramith Tourney balls monthly. so many sets a month. all year round. The end result is I get the top players in the city to drive out of their way. We charge reasonable rates on the table time. The tables stay filled each night and decent during the day. It has been our method of success.

Kind Regards,
Michael McDonald
Shooters Billiard Supply
www.shootersbilliardsupply.com
Player: Two Feather Anasazi by Viking Pool Cues (11 of 150)
Shaft: ViKore Shaft by Viking Pool Cues
Break: Predator Break 3 Pool Cue
Jump: Air 2 by Predator Pool Cues
Case: Instroke 3x5 Southwest Black Pool Cue Case
Table: Diamond Pro Am 9 ft with Aramith Tourney TV Pool Balls