Pro Skill Drills Books/DVDs

Clark_the_Shark

Has 9-Ball-itis
Silver Member
WOW! So many SUPER HARD drills. If you can master these you will definitely be a pro. If you get bored easily with drills, these will definitely keep you entertained as most have multiple levels of difficulty if you master the first level. Some drills are over 2000 balls. So have some hours/days handy to devote to some of these. It helps if you have your own table too.

Volume 3 is just the journal for keeping track of your practicing with no accompanying DVD. I don't think it's worth the same price as all the others. Volume 4 is a "27 Practicing Secrets of the Pros" DVD only with no book. I think Volume 4 is the only DVD worth purchasing as all of the other DVDs are just watching someone do each of the drills and talking about them as they do them... not much info there for the money.

Cliff Notes:
All Volumes of books except for Vol. 3 (the journal) = worth the $$
All Volumes of DVDs except for Vol. 4 = not worth the $$

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
I have all of the books and DVD's except for the Journal. The DVD's compliment the books as they show how to do the drills and also show that they are possible to do.

Volume 4 "27 Practicing Secrets of the Pros" should have been in a book instead of a DVD. It just shows the instructor talking to a class and some reinactments of the class illustrating their so called practice session. Such as walking into a pool hall. Setting up to practice. Keeping a schedule. Setting a goal. Taking a break. Writing in a journal. Rewarding themself for completing a drill by buying something such as a jump cue and etc.

A lot of stuff to keep you busy and help you improve your skills. There are footnotes at the bottom of each page that tells what skill the drill is for.

runout1961

Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
Silver Member
I have the entire set now in both dvd and the books. I cannot wait to get home and start on these drills. Very good instructional material. I especially like the picture in picture on the dvd's. Very nice touch that shows you more than one angle on each shot.

Overall I highly recommend these books and dvd's to anyone from beginner to pro level. Money well spent.

brhawk

Bill
Silver Member
One Pocket Drills

Can anyone tell me if the One Pocket Drills is worth purchasing for someone wanting to learn more advanced One Pocket. Trying to decide wether to purchase Incardona or Graddy's video's.

rubberband

Registered
I would also have to commend Dom on putting together some great instructional materials, although I do think Vol. 3 would be a waste of cash (just buy a notebook for a dollar to keep track of progress). It is hard to find a good quantity of advanced drills in most of the books out there. Though I can't comment on the DVDs (I live a TV-free lifestyle), I can at least say Vol. 1 and 2 are definitely worth the money. I will probably invest in the volume on safeties in the near future.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can anyone tell me if the One Pocket Drills is worth purchasing for someone wanting to learn more advanced One Pocket. Trying to decide wether to purchase Incardona or Graddy's video's.

incardonas and gradys several dvds are complimentary
if you are serious about one pocket you should get all of them
incardona gives you a way to think at the table with alot of examples
grady gives more shots in situations
ive learned a ton from both these guys:smile:

puertorociii

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know where I can these DVDs? Preferably the whole set.

Sent via Samsung hand held device.