Schons/Z2 shafts by schon as well

J Layer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I picked-up my new schon right before Christmas.I also had 2 Z2 blanks sent to schon to have them put their joint collar and pilot on them.They fit so much tighter than the universal predator uses.I am very happy with how they turned out.Well worth the money and time to have this done.With my timing in having this done I was able to have them match these to my new butt as well.just perfect!I couldn't be happier!:smile:

-JR

kasparovII

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You're idea of sending the blanks sounds really good. I'm still on the fence with having something made but the lead times are long and I've had a consistency problem with two makers....which usually leaves me thinking Schon. I HAPPEN TO LIKE THE PLAY OF THE 314-2 and even though the stock Schon shaft feels better, the 314-2 out-performs it. For a while Schon was offering. OB shafts straight from the factory. I wonder of they ate doing the same with Predators?
Pagulayan did really well with this combo for a few years...better than he's done recently with Mezz.

KJ Cues

Pro Cue Builder & Repair
Silver Member
Seyberts sells the Schon style Predator shafts (314-2 & Z-2) over the counter.
Pre-made & in stock. No waiting. Probably a better price also.
Oh, they also have the pre-made Schon/OB shafts as well.

J Layer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seyberts sells the Schon style Predator shafts (314-2 & Z-2) over the counter.
Pre-made & in stock. No waiting. Probably a better price also.
Oh, they also have the pre-made Schon/OB shafts as well.

I know they have them in stock with no wait.No one was selling them when I sent my blanks to schon.But even sending them to Evan the turn was pretty fast.I think it was less than 3 weeks if I recall.They also did a great job!

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Funny thing...
When I bought the Schon I used to have, in 2000 I think, I asked Evan about fitting a pair of 314's to fit it. He responded with a quick & categoric - No. Said he didn't believe in them.
Things do change...

J Layer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny thing...
When I bought the Schon I used to have, in 2000 I think, I asked Evan about fitting a pair of 314's to fit it. He responded with a quick & categoric - No. Said he didn't believe in them.
Things do change...

I was lucky when he agreed to make mine.He was making another cue for me and when we asked he said send the blanks...I was bumped!Now he's doing them by the masses.At first I got the same response.but with the economy the way it is I'm sure many things are changing..