Cliff Joyner Killer 1P

maxeypad2007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First off I would like to say that I own quite a bit of instructional material.

Basically every piece of material around 1P and/or banks I have.

As far as 1P goes this is the best single tape I have seen for a beginner, although I look forward to the Scott Frost tape. The best tape IMO is the willie joping tapes.

There are three DVDs total in this set.

The first tape is all about the break and common break escapes - My main complaint here is how slowly the pace of the tape moves. This really is an issue with all three of the tapes. There is too much explanation, the way I figure is if you play 1P you should understand a lot of this. The information on racking that cliff provides though is solid as well as how to break. He doesnt' go into break adjustments which I thought was kind of odd. Ie how to break more aggressively. There is a good sampling here of break escapes.

The second tape is all actual games between crane and joyner; however joyner shoots all the shots. This is great stuff but some of the shots the picks are rather obvious. This would be nice if they had staged more scenarios.

The third tape is all "killer shots" which is the best part of the tape showing high power shots that are not exactly obvious. Cliff doesn't go into enough explanation on shots like the jersey red double kiss here. He doesn't explain how to adjust when the balls are in slightly different locations etc.

The tapes are good, but not exactly the best I have personally seen.

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Agree. Lots of good info included. But it is an exercise in why not many players should host their own instructionals. Painfully slow as a rule, and it's not like there's really any value added from most of the interaction between Wade & Cliff - the instruction could be put forward without any of that. Wade belabors far too much of the material with unnecessary repeated summary. If you lost most of that, you'd probably be down to 2 dvd's. Found myself wanting to hit fast forward a lot of the time.
Still... LOTS of good info from Cliff.

Last edited:

stljohnny

knowledge > execution. :(
Silver Member
Are these still being made, by chance? and if so - where could I find them?

Frenchy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
very informational...anytime a top top one pocket player lets others into his thoughts while playing you can't help but improve your own game! and the fact that Wade is their helping the whole time is now priceless as well. I recommend this video to any avid one pocket fan!